yard man hydrostatic clutch

hammer1

Forum Newbie
Threads
my yard man hydrostatic clutch isnt working properly. with a freshly started engine, i have no clutch forward or backwards. after it warms up, the clutch starts to work better, but never gets full power to engage the clutch. i see an adjustment type coil under the panel, but it doesnt seem to free up the shifting lever enough. is there another adjustment somewhere? i do not think it is worn out.thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you don't have a mower, what is the clutch on. What you told us, won't do us any good. We don't know what model numbers you have or what the hydro is on. Spicer/Dana, HydroGear, Peerless all make hydrostat transmissions and you diagnosis each of them differently. Please help us out.

hammer1

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you don't have a mower, what is the clutch on. What you told us, won't do us any good. We don't know what model numbers you have or what the hydro is on. Spicer/Dana, HydroGear, Peerless all make hydrostat transmissions and you diagnosis each of them differently. Please help us out.

i am a brand new member. i may not have filled my profile out correctly. sorry. i have an approx 10 yr old yardman riding mower with a 15hp kohler engine. i cannot locate the model#. the mower just creeps forward and backward and cannot go up an incline right now. the main belt looks to be old, cracked and stretched. i assume the worn belt is causing the tranny issues? i can only see the 2 belts. (the other one is for the deck). the tensioner seems to be ok. can i try anything else before replacing the main belt? thanks..

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The advice you will get on this forum from the experts will be to start diagnosing by replacing the drive belt, then we can go from there.

hammer1

Forum Newbie
Threads

i am a brand new member. i may not have filled my profile out correctly. sorry. i have an approx 10 yr old yardman riding mower with a 15hp kohler engine. i cannot locate the model#. the mower just creeps forward and backward and cannot go up an incline right now. the main belt looks to be old, cracked and stretched. i assume the worn belt is causing the tranny issues? i can only see the 2 belts. (the other one is for the deck). the tensioner seems to be ok. can i try anything else before replacing the main belt? thanks..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree with IL, replace the drive belt.