Mower runs but melted fuse block

c gordon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna mower with a kohler courage motor on it . It stopped running. I looked under the hood to find the fuse block melted. So I cut it off so I could put a new one on.before I put the new one on I twisted the wires together , the mower runs fine but the wires get really hot. Does anyone have any suggestions of what is wrong?

TheCaffeinatedOne

Threads
You've got a short circuit happening. You should track this to ground because otherwise a melted fuse block can be the least of your problems. You can do this with a small meter, but I would take it to a small engine repair professional or the dealer to get it done once and correctly.

Mini Motors

Threads
Check the battery. If it is one that has access to the fluid, like older car batteries, it could be low, and making it harder on the charging circuit.

c gordon

Forum Newbie
Threads
You've got a short circuit happening. You should track this to ground because otherwise a melted fuse block can be the least of your problems. You can do this with a small meter, but I would take it to a small engine repair professional or the dealer to get it done once and correctly.

Ok thanks, I feel like its in the charging system I can unplug the voltage regulator and it is fine. It doesn't blow fuses

TheCaffeinatedOne

Threads
I would suspect a blown diode in the voltage regulator / rectifier; if so that would stop rectifying AC current from the stator and you can get all kinds of weird behavior from juice going in the wrong places, backwards through the system and stuff like that. You should be able to test the unit to see what it's producing.

chance123

Threads
If it is actually melting the fuse block, I suspect the short to be close to the fuse block. The reason I say this is because if the short was further away from the fuse block itself, the fuse would simply blow, leaving the fuse block intact (not melted)