Craftman YT 3000 Kohler 22Hp Loud noise

Miller1236

Threads
This is what its sounds like every time a turn off my tractor does anyone know what is causing this,

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the oil level! Sounds like a rod going out to me.

Miller1236

Threads
Hi Rivets, changed the oil today and replaced spark plug, oil was fine when I check before oil change, if the rod is going out is that an easy repair.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Means a complete engine teardown and I can't find a manual to help you out. I would not advise try it without prior experience or manual.

Miller1236

Threads
Means a complete engine teardown and I can't find a manual to help you out. I would not advise try it without prior experience or manual.

How much will that cost me?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know the going labor rate in your area, but I would say 2-3 hours plus parts. How old is your unit. Please post engine model numbers.

Miller1236

Threads
Engine Model # SV620S, Four years Old May 2009

Last edited:

possum

Threads
That is the Courage engine so many love to hate. Sounds like it is getting ready to croak. The small dealer near here has sold quite a few tractors with that engine with only one failure under warranty. He claims no one has come in with one after warranty. Those cheap single cylinder lawntractor engines seem to have short lives no matter who makes them anymore. But that one sure brings on the hate mail so to speak. I think that is the first one for this season on here.

Miller1236

Threads
That is the Courage engine so many love to hate. Sounds like it is getting ready to croak. The small dealer near here has sold quite a few tractors with that engine with only one failure under warranty. He claims no one has come in with one after warranty. Those cheap single cylinder lawntractor engines seem to have short lives no matter who makes them anymore. But that one sure brings on the hate mail so to speak. I think that is the first one for this season on here.

Should I have it repaired, is it worth the money.