Cub Cadet 1525 Engine Stalls When Blades engaged!!! HELP!!!

Larry

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet 1525 Engine Stalls When Blades engaged!!! HELP!!!
So I have a 2003 Cub Cadet 1525, which has been ultimately the most trouble free device I've owned. Recently, it just shut off while cutting grass with some leaves on it. I took the deck off and the blades and pulleys spin (shouldn't be able to stall 15hp). I took the clutch off and it seems to be loose so I tightened the three nuts until there was a little drag. Before I put the belt back on...is there something I am missing? The clutch is tight now and engages the pulley and the deck pulleys spin free. It would literally just start smoking the belt before and I just couldn't figure this out.

David

Forum Newbie
Threads
sounds like a bad safety switch

173abn

Threads
Larry is your deck aligned correctly? russ

Threads
LARRY
YOUR PTO CLUTCH HAS AN 3 OPENINGS JUST TO LEFT OF THE THREE NUTS YOUR TIGHTENED. IT IS ABOUT 3/4" WIDE AND 1/4" TALL. WITH THE CLUTCH INSTALLED ON MOWER INSERT A FEELER GUAGE .016" THICK IN THE OPENING TIGHTEN THE NUTS UNTILL THERE IS A SLIGHT DRAG ON GUAGE. YOU MAY HAVE TO LOOSEN THEM FIRST IF YOU HAVE THEM TOO TIGHT. IF YOU GET IT TOO TIGHT THE BRAKE WILL HOLD CLUTCH FROM TURNING.
YOU DID NOT MENTION IDLER PULLEYS ON DECK. THEY SHOULD ALSO TURN FREELY AND QUITELY WHEN SPINNING THEM. IF BELT WAS SMOKING YOU SHOULD INSPECT THE BELT FOR BURNT PLACES. BURNT ON INSIDE INDICATES SPINDLES LOCKING UP. BURNT ON BACK SIDE OF BELT INDICATES IDLER PULLEYS LOCKING UP.

TRAMO

Forum Newbie
Threads
MY 1045 STALLED WHEN I GREASED THE 3 BLADE SHAFTS.TO MUCH GREASE LOCKED ALL UP.I HAD TO TAKE A SHARP OBJECT ( NAIL) TO PRESS THE LITTLE BALL ON THE GREASE FITTING TO LET SOME PRESSURE OFF AFTERWARD THEY TURNED FINE.

wornout4wd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Briggs & Stratton 17.5 HP Engine stalls after it gets hot

I have a Craftsman Model 917.275371 Lawn Tractor w/ a Briggs & Stratton Model 31C707 type 0230-E1 engine. It starts with no problem, but after it gets hot...after 5 minutes or so, it starts surging and eventually just cuts off. I have changed the gas, replaced spark plug, took carburetor off and checked the bowl, (clean as a whistle) replaced fuel filter, I have just about run out of ideas. I am wondering if the Solenoid that is attached to the carburetor bowl could be the problem. The mower is not that old, and was running fine until the end of last summer. I do remember it back firing a couple of times last summer when I shut the engine off. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the stalling out issue.