Installed a Signal Dynamics Voltage Indicator on my Scag Tiger Cub

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Installed a Signal Dynamics Voltage Indicator on my Scag Tiger Cub
Hi Troops,
Having just repowered my TC with a new B&S 30 HP Pro series engine and had the regulator/rectifier fail in 4.3 Hrs , I decided to install a Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor. The new regulator clips the voltage at 14.1 VDC which is lower than the spec of 14.3-14.5 VDC. I still have the regulator from the old engine, but I will be using this machine a lot this week so time will tell if the new(2nd) regulator is good. The old regulator may end up back on this engine!!! Briggs along with all the other manufacturers changes part numbers almost daily on replacement parts!!!:mad:
Anyway time will tell!!!:rolleyes:
I take this machine into places that would be difficult to tow it from should it quit and I have got into the habit of not shutting the engine off until it is back into my trailer!!! Spring cleanup at my customers places is going to be a Bear with all the crap and trees that came down this past winter!!! Just bought a new Stihl hedge trimmer and looking at a one handed chainsaws for trimming!!! Need new blades for my wood chipper, going to be a while before my mad money account recovers from this springs expenses!!!:confused2:
Later
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: