Pull & twist oil engine drain plug

noma

Threads
Hay

Just wondering if any one has any trouble with those pull and twist engine drain plugs i was going to change the oil this morning in my lawn mower and i was trying to plug the drain plug and i pulled a little to hard and it pulled off in my hand .I didn't break it so just pushed it back on and it seamed fine but i was wondering if you guys think i will have a problem with this later on? Has anyone else did this ? It on a Briggs & Strattion engine 20 hp Extended Life Series Model 40G777 type 0116 E1 code 050228 Y H Any one thoughts would be good It would be easyer to get a new one now then when all my oil is running all over the ground when i'm mower next spring.:eek:

indypower

Threads
I replace those with a pipe, 90* elbow, and a plug. Just make sure the pipe is long enough to drain into a pan or bucket with out draing onto the deck or all over the frame.

noma

Threads
thanks indypower

Thanks for the rsponse mine has a hole cut out in the frame where the filter just below it for the oil to drain out of and a hole cut out where the drain plug for the oil to drain out ,works very good. How do you get those pipes to seal i didn't think that plug is npt threads i thought some motor had special plugs. And i think some engines don't have tapered thread so they don't seal up they leak, maybe work if you get enuff teflon tape around them . I think i'm going to just use the same pull & twist and hope it don't leak it's got all winter to see if it leaks so we will just see what happens. I might see how much a new one cost to if they are not to much might just get a new one thanks again:thumbsup: