2nd MS201T gas leak

TreeWorker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. In the past 3 yrs I've had 2 MS201Ts leak gas out the breather "valve" Valve = hose coming from the gas tank. On my first MS201T I replaced the element and that didn't fix the problem. When the saw is sitting upright, it doesn't leak. When it's hanging off my saddle and the tank is full it will leak constantly. I don't understand small 2 cycle engines and how they work but this seems odd that it's my second MS201T that has done this. Anyone have an idea what the problem is? Is there a hose that goes to the crankshaft that could be clogged up with debris causing this?

TYIA

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would check the hoses are small hair line cracks and also the grommet where the hoses enter the tank. Both like to dry and shrink causing a leak when you tip the unit.

TreeWorker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Going by what you mention I'm going with a hairline crack, or pinhole. I use it 5 days a week climbing so that should rule out the grommets getting dry but I'll have those looked at as-well.

This will be very helpful. I also have a MS 020T that has the same issue, but it's a personal saw (not a company issue saw)

Thanks a bunch! :)

Calhard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. In the past 3 yrs I've had 2 MS201Ts leak gas out the breather "valve" Valve = hose coming from the gas tank. On my first MS201T I replaced the element and that didn't fix the problem. When the saw is sitting upright, it doesn't leak. When it's hanging off my saddle and the tank is full it will leak constantly. I don't understand small 2 cycle engines and how they work but this seems odd that it's my second MS201T that has done this. Anyone have an idea what the problem is? Is there a hose that goes to the crankshaft that could be clogged up with debris causing this?

TYIA
Hey TreeWorker, I am having the same problem with my MS201T. Did you have any luck or find out what was making it leak? It only leaks when hanging from my saddle and I tried replacing the tank vent which didn't help. Mine doesn't leak when idling and hanging from my saddle due to the negative pressure of drawing fuel out of the tank I am assuming. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank.