Big Lawn Worn out mower

Curt 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks like my 48" Husky is tired, transmission is slipping. Any advise on the repair, or shoud I send it down the road. It has under 500 hours on it.

Curt

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
It looks like my 48" Husky is tired, transmission is slipping. Any advise on the repair, or shoud I send it down the road. It has under 500 hours on it.

Curt
Hey Curt thanks for the first post, hope it's not your last.
Hard to say about your mower, is it a hydrostatic drive? Has it been well maintained? I guessing it's over 5 years old, have you done any troublshooting? Changed the fluid annually?
You're probably like everyone else and would like a nice new fancy tractor. Other than the drivetrain is everything else aceptable? Use any oil?
You're going to have to answer these questions so you will feel good about buying the new one, if for no other reason than fixing the old one and selling it.
Have you priced a new machine?

noma

Threads
Hay Curt 1

Welcome aboard hope to hear from you more then this. Just wondering if the transmission could just be serviced and it would work good again,maybe a good idea to take it to a dealer that know about servicing it. At least call and talk to them or just take it in and get a estament for repairing it. Maybe there will be a little trade-in valve, they might have some mower they don't want to hold over for the winter might get a good deal ,all it cost you is to ask and the most they will say is no so i would ask.:eek: