Are you a member of the NRA ?

Are you a member of the NRA ?

• Total voters

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I belonged to the NRA in the past but not lately.

Just as it is in the DEA's interest that drug abuse never go away (grow the agency, more employees, bigger budgets, lifetime careers with retirement benefits), the same thing applies to the NRA.

I asked the NRA for a list of the salaries of the top ten people. They wouldn't do it. LaPierre has probably netted about $25 million in his time at the NRA, and probably prays every night that Feinstein, Pelosi or Schumbag introduce some new gun legislation.

Mikel1

Threads
Own firearms, plan on joining NRA.
Thought it was a requirement in Texas to own a gun.:wink:
I know several people that aren't NRA members that have guns. They think the govt will not come for their guns. You never know with antigun groups and Peta, HSUS which put up abused animals on tv to sucker people into donating but funds are going against hunting.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If they think the government will come for the guns, they don't believe in the 2nd amendment very strongly.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Thought it was a requirement in Texas to own a gun.

What! It isn't??!! :smile::wink:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ever noticed how this thread always reappears just after a mass shooting ?
Usually by some on who has just joined.

And just for the curious we banned all military type self loading weapons decades ago.
Naturally the moron politicians went way too far, banning BB guns as well.
The gun related crime has not moved and criminals shooting each other has stayed the same.
But there has not been a single mass shooting of innocent people since then so ( used to be 1 every 2 years or so ) it can be said to have worked.
Gun ownership actually has gone up, particularly amongst small farmers so it was good for the gun retailers in the long run.

Apparently there are 30,000,000 gun owners in the USA.
If some one thinks the law enforcement agencies are ever going to confiscate them , have a think just how many people would be needed to do it. It will never happen.
Registeration of fire arms, made owners a lot more careful about where they store them & how they store them, so the number of children who grabbed daddy's guns and shoot some one with them has dropped to almost nil.

It has also been a boon for illegal gun importers as the black market price of hand guns went up 10 times so it was a win win win situation.

MowerMike

Threads
So, it’s been nearly five years since I posted this poll, and 66% of the repondents state that they are either members of the NRA, or intend to become members. By contrast, the adult population of the United States is 196 million, but NRA membership is only 5 million, or less than 3%. So, it seems that this forum appeals to a certain extreme minority demographic that is not representative of the USA as a whole. I had no agenda when I posted this poll, and was just idly curious as to the makeup of people who frequent this forum. I guess this forum could just as easily be renamed “Lawnmowers and Guns.” :tongue:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You must have sat next to a political adviser or advertising consultant.
There is a thing called RANDOM SAMPELING.
IS this forum RANDOM so likely to be representative of the entire population ?

NO

By and large this forum is populated by people who live on large blocks of land.
People who live on large blocks of land as more likely to be hunters and more likely to own a firearm
I doubt that many here live in NY apartments , or Detroit attached housing , or villas.
So cut out all of the people who live in a building that is devoid of either a garden or lawn and you are looking at a substantially smaller group.

How many people have introduced them selves as living on a 1/4 acre 1/5 acre or a 1/6 acre property ?.

Me thinks you will find a higher than average support for President Trump here as well although politics is banned.
People who like to fix things are also more likely to appreciate fire arms as a collectable item of precision machinery.
I do not shoot but I do have a collection of fire arms made by the BSA because I am a BSA enthusiasts.
Because of the laws down here I have to be a member of a gun club and have a locked cabinet to hold my inoperative 100 - 250 year old long arms.
I know a Husqvarna enthusiast who is also in the same boat, except he has cannons and funny enough he lives on 50 acres, has a few ride on mowers & fixes them himself not to different to the bloke who restores old fire engines.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
[quote[I guess this forum could just as easily be renamed “Lawnmowers and Guns.”[/quote]

Or you could go to a gun forum and see how many own lawnmowers. Probably get close to 100% correspondence over there.