Are you a member of the NRA ?

Are you a member of the NRA ?

• Total voters

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
No. Have an unloaded 12 gauge for home protection. If some fool breaks in my house in the middle of the night I'll rack the slide once or twice and that should change his mind. If not, I've got shells hidden close by.

Why would anybody want an unloaded gun for anything? You might as well have a stick.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I personally think that everybody adult ought to be able to carry. I have been carrying more than not for 40 years. I have never shot anybody and very few people know I carry. I don't carry to make a point or to draw attention. I carry because if I am put into position to protect myself or others important to me. I am too old to fight and do not intend to wallow around on the ground with some idiot. Besides an armed society is a polite society.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
One other thought. The Second Amendment is not about deer hunters. it is not necessarily even about home intruders. It is to about having a government that needs to be kept in check.

ziti

Threads
Jekjr, I don't keep my shotgun loaded because, except on weekends and holidays, nobody's home during the day and would hate the thought of opening the door just to stare down the barrel of my own 12-gauge.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Jekjr, I don't keep my shotgun loaded because, except on weekends and holidays, nobody's home during the day and would hate the thought of opening the door just to stare down the barrel of my own 12-gauge.

How hard is it to get a carry permit? You could get a Glock or a Smith and take it with you.

ziti

Threads
Ric, I don't have any real need for a concealed weapon permit. So far, the only time I really needed my 12-gauge locked, loaded and on stand-by was back in 92'. At the time, I was living in South Florida (Cutler Ridge, half-way between Miami and Homestead) and East of U.S. 1 when we got hit with Hurricane Andrew.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How hard is it to get a carry permit? You could get a Glock or a Smith and take it with you.

I have had a permit since I was old enough to get one. I think it was 19 years old. I am now 59. Carry almost always. Just like a fire extinguisher. I hope I never need it.

Mikel1

Threads
One other thought. The Second Amendment is not about deer hunters. it is not necessarily even about home intruders. It is to about having a government that needs to be kept in check.
Individuals have the right to bear arms.
Originally it was to keep the federal government from disarming the citizens militia. I'm guessing this was what you were referring to.