PLEASE HELP! My Time Is Running Out

realtimeeyes@msn.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Hustler Sport 42" with the 17.5 HP Briggs engine..The dealer's trailer is broke so I had to pick it up myself..I mowed when I got home; It mowed OK but not like everyone brags about on this site..The engine seems very weak..Today I notice that after about 60% throttle the engine seems to run rough..Also, the mower seems to vibrate when the deck is engaged; It took about a half hour for me to notice the vibration..I had serious reservations about the Briggs engine before I bought it; Now I'm unhappy and confused..I want to take it to the dealer and see why it is running this way..I don't have a trailer..( it fits in my truck but I have no way of getting it in there) and the dealer won't have his for a couple days..

What should I do? If I wait for the dealer to get his trailer, my 72 hour window to return it (Florida law) will be gone..I really don't want to have to return it but I don't want to be unhappy..Has anyone else had this problem with the Briggs Engine? Is it just me? Is that just the way these Briggs Engines run? (I had a Kawasaki 15 HP V-Twin on my last mower;It had plenty of power)..I could use any help and suggestions I can get..

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Got a hitch on the truck? Go to U-Haul or one of those types and rent a trailer, I sure wouldn't let the 72 hours run out and it would be worth the money not to be settled with a mower your not happy with.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get 4 or 5 big guys to lift the 500# mower into your truck bed, may only cost a case or two of beer, or call a wrecker service with a roll back to either transport mower to dealer or transfer mower to your truck or do as Ric said and rent a trailer. Whatever you do get it back before time runs out for you.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get two 2x10 on roll it onto the truck.

But first go to the dealer and see that his trailer is really broke

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

realtimeeyes@msn.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Guys..His trailer is broken..I'm calling and sending an email this morning..If I have to go full redneck, drop it off and pound my fists, I will!