Cub Cadet

delwer

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I flip on my PTO switch the mower engages and then goes off. If I keep presure on the switch, the mower deck keeps running, the miniute I take it off, it stops. -- not sure if its a switch , belt or clutch problem.

Threads
Had same problem on my deere, and it was just the switch, should be around 15 dollars

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When I flip on my PTO switch the mower engages and then goes off. If I keep presure on the switch, the mower deck keeps running, the miniute I take it off, it stops. -- not sure if its a switch , belt or clutch problem.

Of you hold the switch and it works then stops when you let go of the switch. Then it would be the switch

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

delwer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was having trouble with my PTO switch. I went the implement store and they said the PTO switch would cost $52.00. That seemed high for a PTO switch (they might be taking me to the cleaners). Last night I put the old PTO switch back in the mower and as long as I put presure on the switch it worked. I stopped the mower and then when I tried to restart it it would not do anything. I want to make sure the PTO switch is the reason its not starting. This is an old mower and $52.00 is a lot for little switch. The battery is brand new and is charged. If it is the PTO switch I will change that, but before I do that I want to make sure that is the problem. Need some direction on proper trouble shooting.

Denny in Ohio