Best Lawn Mower for 2.5 Acres?

TnHusky

Threads
dj,

I really wanted a Kaw but the only thing I could get it on was a 50" deck Cub, and I saw alot of bad reviews on the deck and belts etc on them. 50" is really more than I needed anyway. I looked at a Husqvarna with the Kaw but it was a 54" deck and was $3199, too many scoots for my blood. I didn't know you could order one special though.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
dj,

I really wanted a Kaw but the only thing I could get it on was a 50" deck Cub, and I saw alot of bad reviews on the deck and belts etc on them. 50" is really more than I needed anyway. I looked at a Husqvarna with the Kaw but it was a 54" deck and was $3199, too many scoots for my blood. I didn't know you could order one special though.

TnHusky,

I'll have to check with my neighbor, but I think his is a "forty something" inch deck. I'll see if I can get a Model# from him. He may have one of the ____LS or ____XLS models which I believe all come with the Kawa(but are pricier than the other series), so it may have not been a "special order".

nelieto060

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your lawn area is much larger, so you need to riding mower for your garden. Nowadays you can see many brands are available in the market. But on the basis of my experience I'ld prefer Troy-Bilt or Husqvarna lawn mower for a large area.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's been 5 years. I think they probably have a mower by now. :smile:

John R

Threads
DJ, I too was horrified to purchase a mower with a Kohler engine until I got to doing a lot of digging. Seems most of the problems was from the single cylinder engines. I also spoke to a couple of independent dealers that sell Cubs with Kohler engines. One of them said it was only the single cylinder engines but he say's they have them fixed. He also stated they didn't have the trouble with the twin cylinder engines. Also the other dealer said they didn't have any trouble from the kohler engines as well.
I certainly hope it is a good engine, it has a lot of power and is pretty quiet as well. I've just mowed twice but my yard is growing fast since I threw down the 19-19-19. Then if that wasn't enough, dummy me decided to put down 200 Lbs of Pelletized lime. As you said, I looked on ton's of reviews as well as other's and top of the list was the Husqvarna, Kohler engine and all. And to be honest, I'd soon buy a Kohler that the Newer Briggs Intek, talk about horror stories!!!

Kohler engines today, are not the same Kohler they were years ago.
New ones are built very cheap, I'm sure there are people out there that have good luck with them, but a lot don't.

I remember when Kohler was a quality engine, it's too bad where they have gone.