Gun Background checks

Are you for Gun Background Checks

• Total voters

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you For Gun Background Checks or Against. Would like to see the percentages, Please Vote and leave your reasons if you like.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you For Gun Background Checks or Against. Would like to see the percentages, Please Vote and leave your reasons if you like.

I am for background checks.

I do not feel you have the right to own a gun if you commit felonies. Or even drunk driving or any drug or violent crimes.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

mowerman05

Threads
background checks are a great thing but they do nothing to keep a illegal gun out of a criminals hands.

Threads
I am for background checks.

I do not feel you have the right to own a gun if you commit felonies. Or even drunk driving or any drug or violent crimes.

Not sure about nation wide but here in Tn if you have had a felony conviction, or order of protection against you can not have any type of firearm. I am for background checks, and I think as you mentioned they should tighten them up some to include anyone who has committed a violent crime, dui, and drug charges. But there is always the guns that fall through the cracks that are un-registered, and ilegal that cant be accounted for. Most gun shows here where they are sold person to person they arent even required to do a background check, or register the new owner.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
No, background checks are for the law abiding. Less government is better government in my opinion.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
All gun laws do is hinder honest people. The second amendment is o about getting to hunt it is about being able to protect ones self from bodily harm and from a government at wants to oppress you.

I see so many people that want to jump on the band wagon against certain groups of people not being allows to own a firearm. That is wrong as well. I know several people that committed felonies at some point in their lives and serve their time. Once they have why should they still be not able to protect themselves?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'll tell you all the reason for this pole. I've been watching some of the News programs at night and they are making claims that 90% of the people in this country agree on gun background checks, they also claim the 88% of NRA members agree that we should have background checks. Now I don't about anyone else but I find it hard to believe that you can get 90% of the people in this country to agree on anything. I think the news media is making these poles up and the figures they are giving are fake. So I was interested in the percentages here on the forum.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
All gun laws do is hinder honest people. The second amendment is o about getting to hunt it is about being able to protect ones self from bodily harm and from a government at wants to oppress you.

I see so many people that want to jump on the band wagon against certain groups of people not being allows to own a firearm. That is wrong as well. I know several people that committed felonies at some point in their lives and serve their time. Once they have why should they still be not able to protect themselves?

If you are not responsible enough to not drive drunk or not to hold up a store or not hit your wife or not smoke weed or do drugs them your not responsible enough to handle a gun.

I agree we should be able to protect ourselves but some people are just to dumb to have a gun

I do not have a gun because I know I would shoot someone rather than knock the hell out of them

combatcarl

Threads
I think if it's restricted to a background check, fine. No registration. Criminal types don't bother with BC or reg. If you want one, you'll get your hands on one, and won't care if you get caught with it. Need to actually viciously enforce existing laws. The nut at sandy hook broke about 43 laws, at state and federal levels. Did it deter him? No. No law will stop anything. Only prescribes an act that is prohibited, and a punishment for that act. Sad, horrible events, and we should look at deeper causative effects than firearms/access to firearms. I won't say that easy access isn't a problem in some cases. But the thought of jail time or worse only deters people who wouldn't have committed a crime. It's much much much deeper than guns or gun laws.