Go Green! Give up your lawn?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What would long-time users of gas-powered mowers say about this article's allegations?

If your going to try to be honest there is no denying that lawn mowers are among the most pouting types of engines that we commonly use...
AND that electric mowers are ever so much better... the rechargeable type typically are recharging over night, when power usage is at it's lowest... The large electric riders are great...
I had regularly used a couple of John Deere electric 90's... 36 volt rechargeable riders...:thumbsup:
I now do all my mowing with diesel... better than gas but not as clean as electric for sure...
BUT it is costly to make portable power that is clean and powerful enough to get the job of mowing done quickly...:smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
This green stuff is all lies.........for starters what is producing your electricity?
People need to wake up .....this green thing is all about 'Money'..........Wake up and smell the Roses!:confused2:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
This green stuff is all lies.........for starters what is producing your electricity?
People need to wake up .....this green thing is all about 'Money'..........Wake up and smell the Roses!:confused2:

Hey lizard....
I am wide awake, well for a little while yet... It's getting late, have to get a little sleep.
I have been smelling the roses... there was a time that it was difficult to do that... becoming a bit more aware of pollutants especially in congested cities, has turned that around a bit...

If you use power during 'off peak' times there is no net consequence as you have to run generators 24 - 7 ... they are running if your consuming power or not. That is why the use of electrical power is practical... it's not a perfectly 'green' answer... but on a global scale any percentage of improvement is going to be a plus...

I am a bit disappointed that Australia has the notion that it makes little or no difference how people and corporations treat the environment... Your prior statements had me thinking that your country was perhaps among the most responsible... ?
I am NOT suggesting that we get rid of technology and go back to living as they did 500 years ago... BUT left unchecked with no consequence for fouling the echo system, there are those that would not care...:smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
Hey lizard....
I am wide awake, well for a little while yet... It's getting late, have to get a little sleep.
I have been smelling the roses... there was a time that it was difficult to do that... becoming a bit more aware of pollutants especially in congested cities, has turned that around a bit...

If you use power during 'off peak' times there is no net consequence as you have to run generators 24 - 7 ... they are running if your consuming power or not. That is why the use of electrical power is practical... it's not a perfectly 'green' answer... but on a global scale any percentage of improvement is going to be a plus...

I am a bit disappointed that Australia has the notion that it makes little or no difference how people and corporations treat the environment... Your prior statements had me thinking that your country was perhaps among the most responsible... ?
I am NOT suggesting that we get rid of technology and go back to living as they did 500 years ago... BUT left unchecked with no consequence for fouling the echo system, there are those that would not care...:smile:KennyV
Well Kenny you tell 'CHINA' that...........90 coal powered generators a day spring up..........so why should the rest suffer financially.
We all live in the same ...'Bubble'..........so until other countries yield........why should we go Broke!:eek:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well Kenny you tell 'CHINA' that.....
.....so until other countries yield.....

I am sure some one IS telling them that... They have changed a lot of how they do business over the last decade... More change is coming for them...
They stand to loose more than anyone else... They are messing in their own mess kit, and they are becoming aware of it ...

As to who becomes responsible 'first'... no matter, so long as the majority of the technological, industrial nations are NOT the LAST... we all can't wait everyone else to make the more reasonable moves... KennyV

mois25

Threads
Well Kenny you tell 'CHINA' that...........90 coal powered generators a day spring up..........so why should the rest suffer financially.
We all live in the same ...'Bubble'..........so until other countries yield........why should we go Broke!:eek:

This analogy in amusing but then again, when China goes the way it wants to, how long would it take to affect the rest of us.

I presume going green is much bigger than what we could imagine but everything starts with a step, huh? It would also be costly giving up the gas-powered mowers for the electric, push or ride mowers.

lizard

Threads
This analogy in amusing but then again, when China goes the way it wants to, how long would it take to affect the rest of us.

I presume going green is much bigger than what we could imagine but everything starts with a step, huh? It would also be costly giving up the gas-powered mowers for the electric, push or ride mowers.

What you seem to not understand is we all live in a 'Bubble'........so what China does will effect you eventually......so do some reading up on how China is killing us off?:eek:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What you seem to not understand is we all live in a 'Bubble'........so what China does will effect you eventually......so do some reading up on how China is killing us off?:eek:

What they are doing is not much different than what all industrialized countries have done when developing...
They are just LARGER and communications are better so we are more aware of it today...
The fact that we have learned what the consequences are and are implementing change in the way WE do things... shows WE have some insight to the situation...
The people in China and India and other developing nations are not completely stupid... They are living in the middle of what they are doing, They will also see the value of 'going green'...
We are in a MUCH better position to be first at making meaningful change. and some of that change COULD include more efficient 'greener' mowers... (for you John Deere folks, Pun intended)
:smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
It would be great when the day comes when fusion power is achieved.We in Kansas get most of our elec. from coal powered generators,we have one nuclearpower plant, both methods have drawbacks because of the types of pollution they produce.We've started using wind as a way to produce elec. but they have drawbacks too.Solar has promise but it 's cost is beyond most home owners.Hydrogen also holds promise but I think when we can achive a way of producing energy the way our sun does then that will be a day when we as humans will start to depollute this home of ours.We are all in this together so we all better learn. Fast. russ