Cub Cadet Z-Force S Commercial 48 vs Z-Force S 54

deigo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet Z-Force S Commercial 48 vs Z-Force S 54
Hello I'm the process of deciding between a new Cub Cadet Z-Force S Commercial 48 or a Z-Force??? S 54. Pricing wise its about $500 more for the commercial model which used in a residential set has a 4 year warranty vs the 3 year on the Z-Force standard. They both sport 23 HP engines with a Kohler on the Commercial and Kawasaki on the non commercial version. Commercial version has Hydro gear 3100 vs 2800 on standard, and overall the seat looks to be a little more comfy on the commercial version. I currently have one acre where my current home resides and will be moving to a new home on a 3 acre parcel. The dealer has the 54 in stock and the commercial version in the 60, but hasn't actually saw the 48 in person. I was wondering thoughts on if the extra is worth it for the commercial even though I would be losing 6" inch on the deck. The land is little rough and slightly hilly so I like this steering wheel version here. My only concern is that with the 48 the larger tires would I lose what I call the "mowing edge of the deck" going around trees and such?

Threads
Welcome to the Forum!.. I would pony up the extra $500, and get the commercial model you will be glad you did.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello I'm the process of deciding between a new Cub Cadet Z-Force S Commercial 48 or a Z-Force??? S 54. Pricing wise its about $500 more for the commercial model which used in a residential set has a 4 year warranty vs the 3 year on the Z-Force standard. They both sport 23 HP engines with a Kohler on the Commercial and Kawasaki on the non commercial version. Commercial version has Hydro gear 3100 vs 2800 on standard, and overall the seat looks to be a little more comfy on the commercial version. I currently have one acre where my current home resides and will be moving to a new home on a 3 acre parcel. The dealer has the 54 in stock and the commercial version in the 60, but hasn't actually saw the 48 in person. I was wondering thoughts on if the extra is worth it for the commercial even though I would be losing 6" inch on the deck. The land is little rough and slightly hilly so I like this steering wheel version here. My only concern is that with the 48 the larger tires would I lose what I call the "mowing edge of the deck" going around trees and such?

Is there a real reason you are not considering a regular Z-Force ZTR with the lap bars steering, instead of the S-Series with the steering wheel??? For mowing 3 acres the regular ZTR, in my opinion, would reduce your mowing time significantly more than the S-Series. I had a 54" lawn tractor(with steering wheel) and a 52" Zero Turn cut my mowing time by more than half!!!

bigJohn3

Forum Newbie
Threads

I too looking at cubs ZT "Tank" S- series. the reason you will need the steering wheel if you have hilly terrain and too you have power steering , less sliding with S series

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I too looking at cubs ZT "Tank" S- series. the reason you will need the steering wheel if you have hilly terrain and too you have power steering , less sliding with S series

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that the Cub Cadet "S-Series"(steering wheels) ALL have the sealed HydroGear EZT trannies. That's a lot of money for a "non-serviceable" tranny. The Z-Force zero turns(lap bars" have the ZT-2800(maybe 3100) trannies up......serviceable and "commercial rated" beginning with the 3100). I, personally, would not spend several thousand dollars on a mower that has non-servicable trannies:0(

RatRacer

Threads
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that the Cub Cadet "S-Series"(steering wheels) ALL have the sealed HydroGear EZT trannies. That's a lot of money for a "non-serviceable" tranny. The Z-Force zero turns(lap bars" have the ZT-2800(maybe 3100) trannies up......serviceable and "commercial rated" beginning with the 3100). I, personally, would not spend several thousand dollars on a mower that has non-servicable trannies:0(

All the RZT-S's have EZT's.
Z-force S- 48 EZT
Z-force S-54, 60 ZT-2800
Z-force S Commercials both have ZT-3100

The Z-force S 54 was my next choice, if the Big Dog I'm test driving was a dud. They are all zero turn, in spite of having a wheel in lieu of lap bars. Pretty neat how they implement the steering, I test drove a 48 on Thursday.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
All the RZT-S's have EZT's.
Z-force S- 48 EZT
Z-force S-54, 60 ZT-2800
Z-force S Commercials both have ZT-3100

The Z-force S 54 was my next choice, if the Big Dog I'm test driving was a dud. They are all zero turn, in spite of having a wheel in lieu of lap bars. Pretty neat how they implement the steering, I test drove a 48 on Thursday.

RatRacer,
Got it, thanks for the constructive criticism and clarification. Personally, I would not want the 48" and would not be crazy about the 54" with the ZT-2800. How much $ are you looking at to go to the Commercial series with the ZT-3100? I'm thinking, because of the "S steering technology" more $ than a comparable "regular zero turn", like the Big Dog(but you would "really" need to compare to the price of a "commercial" ZTR like the Cub Tank,etc.). At least the Big Dog R Series has a 1 Year Commercial Warranty that is a good sign for high-end Residential models and user Old Goat is passionate about the positive experience he is having with the R754.

RatRacer

Threads
RatRacer,
Got it, thanks for the constructive criticism and clarification. Personally, I would not want the 48" and would not be crazy about the 54" with the ZT-2800. How much $ are you looking at to go to the Commercial series with the ZT-3100? I'm thinking, because of the "S steering technology" more $ than a comparable "regular zero turn", like the Big Dog(but you would "really" need to compare to the price of a "commercial" ZTR like the Cub Tank,etc.). At least the Big Dog R Series has a 1 Year Commercial Warranty that is a good sign for high-end Residential models and user Old Goat is passionate about the positive experience he is having with the R754.

Z-force S 54=$4.5K, 60= $5K, add $1K for commercial series. This is all published, current "sale" MSRP prices, before you get to haggle with your dealer.

My test drive was not a dud, and it is a R754. AND, it does not have lap bars either, hence my interest in the S series. Review will be forthcoming.....:thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Z-force S 54=$4.5K, 60= $5K, add $1K for commercial series. This is all published, current "sale" MSRP prices, before you get to haggle with your dealer.

My test drive was not a dud, and it is a R754. AND, it does not have lap bars either, hence my interest in the S series. Review will be forthcoming.....:thumbsup:

RatRacer,
That's right.....now I remember you telling user Old Goat that the Big Dog you were looking at had the different "doey"......not the lap bars. Let us know what you think...could you post a pic while you stillhave it so we can see what it looks like????

RatRacer

Threads