Cub Cadet Z-Force S Commercial 48 vs Z-Force S 54

deigo

Forum Newbie
Threads
So guys just a couple points of clarity from the posts, is what I'm reading is that the mowers I'm looking at from my starting post here have serviceable hydros? It's the EZT type that are sealed.... not serviceable from the one posters comment?

Z-force S-54, 60 ZT-2800
Z-force S Commercials both have ZT-3100

Any one have an idea of how much haggle room these dealers have? I have called around for some pricing but pretty much been quoted the prices on the cub site

Z-Force S-54 = $5k
Z-Force S Commercial 48 = $5,500

RatRacer

Threads
So guys just a couple points of clarity from the posts, is what I'm reading is that the mowers I'm looking at from my starting post here have serviceable hydros? It's the EZT type that are sealed.... not serviceable from the one posters comment?

Z-force S-54, 60 ZT-2800
Z-force S Commercials both have ZT-3100

Correct- EZT is non-serviceable.

Any one have an idea of how much haggle room these dealers have? I have called around for some pricing but pretty much been quoted the prices on the cub site

Z-Force S-54 = $5k
Z-Force S Commercial 48 = $5,500

From my recent conversations with 2 different dealers, I got them to come off $200 for the 48 and $300 off the 54 from published pricing. But I will no longer be pursuing further conversations with them, due to purchasing (haggling for) a mower.

Big Jon

Threads
  • / Cub Cadet Z-Force S Commercial 48 vs Z-Force S 54
Hey guys. I just ordered a new ZForce S Commercial 48" after spending over a month of investigating & trying out several different brands of mowers. CC wasn't even on my radar until I went in to look @ Toro & Dixon mowers @ one of my local dealerships. Knowing my background & my lawn, he recommended I look @ the S series mowers from CC. I've run Deere, Simplicity, Gravely, Toro, and a couple of others over the years and unless I'm terribly dissapointed after owning this new Cub for a season, I do believe I'll be a 4 wheel steer Zero Turn convert for life. All I did was drive it in an empty parking lot, but WOW, how do you even sell a lap bar ZT after letting someone try the S series?

Maybe I'll be singing a different tune after getting it home & mowing with it. If so I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. My dealer says it should be here by the end of next week. I'll get back to you after I've actually mowed with it a few times... :thumbsup:

Jon

RatRacer

Threads
Hey guys. I just ordered a new ZForce S Commercial 48" after spending over a month of investigating & trying out several different brands of mowers. CC wasn't even on my radar until I went in to look @ Toro & Dixon mowers @ one of my local dealerships. Knowing my background & my lawn, he recommended I look @ the S series mowers from CC. I've run Deere, Simplicity, Gravely, Toro, and a couple of others over the years and unless I'm terribly dissapointed after owning this new Cub for a season, I do believe I'll be a 4 wheel steer Zero Turn convert for life. All I did was drive it in an empty parking lot, but WOW, how do you even sell a lap bar ZT after letting someone try the S series?

Maybe I'll be singing a different tune after getting it home & mowing with it. If so I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. My dealer says it should be here by the end of next week. I'll get back to you after I've actually mowed with it a few times... :thumbsup:

Jon

Congrats Jon!
I know what mean about the lap bar thing, take a look at my avatar. Could tell me or pm me your final price? My dealer has my money, and I have his mower, but is trying to pull a shady deal now before finalizing.

deigo

Forum Newbie
Threads

Jon

Hi Big Jon -

Curious if you could let us know what you ended up giving for the more tax excluded and such, trying to see if Im getting a good deal.

SCMCG

Threads

Jon

John, where ya at in Iowa? The local CC dealer in Indianola has one o those in the 48 and 52" deck i think they are really wanting to unload. It may be too late but you could check it out-Vetter Equipment ask to talk to Troy.

Big Jon

Threads
Hi Big Jon -

Curious if you could let us know what you ended up giving for the more tax excluded and such, trying to see if Im getting a good deal.

I'm @ $5500, including a mulching kit for the mower, if I buy it straight out. We're still negotiating on a trade. My dealer also sells Kawasaki Motorcycles & I've got an "08" model KLR650 that I purchased from him new. I still have the option of selling it outright or trading it in for the Cub. Right now I have 2 guys interested in my bike, but if neither one of them comes up with the money, I'll probably trade with him. I've bought a lot of things from him over the past 20 years or so & trust him completely...

Big Jon

Threads
John, where ya at in Iowa? The local CC dealer in Indianola has one o those in the 48 and 52" deck i think they are really wanting to unload. It may be too late but you could check it out-Vetter Equipment ask to talk to Troy.

I'm in Harlan. I'll definately trade locally in Avoca. The dealer is a friend of mine & is a man of integrity. :thumbsup:

SCMCG

Threads
I'm in Harlan. I'll definately trade locally in Avoca. The dealer is a friend of mine & is a man of integrity. :thumbsup:

Ah I see. That is good to have someone you can trust to take care when you need it. Congrats!

RatRacer

Threads
Thanks for being candid. I appreciate it.