Cub Cadet’s New Signature Cut Series Walk Behind Mowers

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet’s New Signature Cut Series Walk Behind Mowers
The new Signature Cut™ Series of walk-behind mowers from Cub Cadet sets a new standard for walk-behind mowers by bringing together the best total package of performance and convenience features.

Read this article on LawnWorld

Threads
Re: Cub Cadet's New Signature Cut Series Walk Behind Mowers

That's an interesting looking mower! I like how it has the front caster wheels. :thumbsup:
12AQC62J710SC500Zrtshd.jpg

(http://www.lawnworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/12AQC62J710SC500Zrtshd.jpg)

MowerMike

Threads
Re: Cub Cadet痴 New Signature Cut Series Walk Behind Mowers

It looks like changing the height on the front wheels would be a pain.

Threads

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yeah it does look like it would be a pain. Here is a snapshot from the operators manual (link below) for how to adjust the height on the rear and front wheels of the mower.
13677-cub-cadet%92s-new-signature-cut-series-walk-behind-mowers-cub-cadet-adjusting-cutting-height-jpg

http://www.cubcadet.com/wcsstore/Cu... Manuals 2013/SC500Z_OperatorsManual_2013.pdf

Not only does it look like a pain, it is a pain. The 98H and the 999ES are the same and I have each, that's one of the reasons I'm so happy with the new Turfmaster. The new Cub Cadet's Signature Cut Series engine looks like the Honda. MSRP on The 500 $499.00 Sale Price is $429.99 according to there site.

Threads

I think it's cool how you can lock the front caster wheels for straight-line mowing! :thumbsup: Here is a video of the mower.

Threads

The new Cub Cadet's Signature Cut Series engine looks like the Honda.

But it's only the 160cc engine. :thumbdown:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

But it's only the 160cc engine. :thumbdown:

Yeah that's why I was wondering who makes the engine. The 160cc Honda engine really was bad, it didn't have any power at all when ever you hit any deep grass it would stall out.

Threads

Yeah that's why I was wondering who makes the engine. The 160cc Honda engine really was bad, it didn't have any power at all when ever you hit any deep grass it would stall out.

Yeah it wasn't THAT bad of an engine, because I used it for 6 years and it got the job done, but once I used the GCV190 engine I didn't want to go back. I love the extra power! It goes through 1 foot tall grass as if it was only 1 inch tall grass! :thumbsup:

MowerMike

Threads

The Honda GCV160 engine is fine for a push mower like my Husqvarna 7021P, but I think self-propel would tax it too much. Even so, I've had mine bog down in heavy grass, forcing me to walk at a very slow pace. I've yet to stall it, but I've come close.