Killer Frost Got Em

173abn

Threads
I was planning on doing an expermint this winter.I was going to dig up one heirlome tomatoe a couple peppers and an eggplant and see if I could keep em going in my greenhouse this winter but I waited one day too long cause we got a killer frost last night.Everything but the onions and garlic are toast.So maybe I'll try to start some seeds and see what comes of those. russ

grnspot110

Threads
Got things around here last night too (North Central MO)! Not much left but the turnips & the cleanup/Fall tillage!

Ifixdit

Threads
Frost already?! Dang!! I think I'll stay right here in my little cozy part of Kansas:biggrin:

brucesdeere

Threads
On a side note, it is that warm here the pumpkins the kids carved last weekend are rotting, like to puddles of mush, it's quite gross, almost unheard of for this time of year.

173abn

Threads
Ifixdit,Mulvane must be is the southern part of Kansas? It's amazing in just one day the tomatoe plants are black.Everything goes into the compost pile next week. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ifixdit,Mulvane must be is the southern part of Kansas? It's amazing in just one day the tomatoe plants are black.Everything goes into the compost pile next week. russ

Yea russ I think you already have had a frost around Topeka... has not got down this way yet...

This reminds me I need to contact Adam (Ifixdit) when I go through Mulvane, need to see what he's doing on the Sedgwick Sumner county line... Mulvane is one of those 'odd' towns that is split in two counties... :smile:KennyV