John Deere 14SB wheel upgrade

Hsquad12

Threads
So now I have my trash-pic JD 14SB is running like a dream and I think she deserves some new boots. The stock JD issue wheels are not the best and i've also heard that the plastic spur gears (M111151) that drive the rear wheels were replaced with metal gears on the commercial variant mowers.

So, I have two questions:
1. Does anyone know the part number for the metal spurs gears to replace JD Pt# M111151?

2. Has anyone found a superior wheel from Toro, Honda or another OEM that fits over the JD axle bolt without fouling the chassis?

Apologies to the purists horrified at the thought of me creating a Franken-Deere monster.

Any ideas?

Threads
Yes, it does appear that the AM118102 wheels will work on the 14SB according to the John Deere catalog.

However..........

You can pay $61.21 each for them at the link that was sent OR you can purchase them from us for $58.15 each. And if you buy 1 OR 2 they will qualify for free shipping! And you can still use the LFM coupon code to save 5% off of your order.

You can find it here: AM118102 Wheel and Tire Assembly

bwdbrn1

Threads
I had a 14SB for a short time myself, and had considered putting the commercial wheels on it, but never went any further than thinking about it.

Would the commercials be a straight swap for the yellow plastic ones, or are there more parts needed to make the switch?

Threads
Unfortunately, it looks like there are several "extra" parts to purchase as shown in the diagram. It really is a matter of personal opinion and spending that kind of cash on a walk behind mower doesn't seem logical for a lot of folks. I had an old 14PZ for many years and swapped the wheels once during its lifetime but kept the stock replacements instead of any type of upgrade.

MP13322________UN01JAN94.gif

bwdbrn1

Threads
Lots of folks are just plain gaa gaa over the 14SB and wouldn't bat an eye over spending money to keep them fresh. The cost of parts is greater than the whole on almost any mower, but when you start talking about mowers of this quality, like the 14SB many Hondas, and examples of other brands as well, sometimes it's justifiable so long as other major components are still in fine shape.

Darber

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anybody know which of the "extra" parts are needed in the diagram? I really want to convert my 14sb wheels to rubber ones, the plastic ones wear out too quick. Thanks for any info that anybody might have!