Implement lift

jj2k

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a small 8hp Murray riding mower. I have built a receiver hitch on the back of the mower, that I use to pull my trailers around when I mow. I have a small disc and another small cultivator that I'd like to use as well as to build a rake to pull behind this mower. I want to build a manual lift that would let me lift my implement of choice and work in the receiver. I am a blacksmith and a welder with a really nice shop that includes a cnc plasma table. So fabrication is not a problem. I'd just like some ideas on how one might accomplish this. A 3 point lift is not exactly what I am looking for. While I don't like the idea of reinventing the wheel to do this, I don't think it has to be all that complicated either. I can reconfigure my hitch to accommodate my situation.

Let me know

jj2k

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
a small tractor would not benefit with a true 3pt lift... you could make a variation of the single point lift used on a lot of older garden tractors...

Without hydraulic power you could use an electric actuator, 12 volt not too big a problem...
Plasma cutters are the BEST... :smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
The implement can have a wind up jack attached to it.......this would be the way to go......most farm implements have these and work well.
:confused2:

CarlGlas

Threads
Sears sells an electric sleeve hitch for implements that worked quite well. I bought one years ago after seeing one that someone on another list built. Photos of My Electric Sleeve Hitch.... - Tractor Forum

Craftsman Electric Assist Kit Reviews - MySears Community

More detail: http://download.sears.com/own/07124545e.pdf

Here is perhaps a better picture of the electric sleeve hitch.
http://www.johnnyproducts.com/images/Craftsman/Electric-Lift-Upgrade.JPG

And another in action: YouTube - Sears Suburban tractor linear actuator electric 3 point hitch lift

I hope this helps.