Older MTD only or MTD Made Products Also Included?

ben2go

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is this section for the older good quality MTD units or does this section include all products made under the MTD label?I got a Bolens but it's a crappy new MTD model.

indypower

Threads
  • / Older MTD only or MTD Made Products Also Included?
Its about any and all MTD made equipment

cubby

Threads
I had a bolens for 17 years , it was a 48" cut hydro drive. It had just one pedal, push it forward to go
forward and back to go backwards. I just loved it. I changed the engine oil twice a year and the hydraulic oil and filter every year. The only trouble I ever had was the front axle rusted out. I figured it was from
all the washing I did to it. I'm a nut for cleaning and waxing. But don't get me wrong it still needed normal maintenance. So when the b&s engines valve seat kept getting loose I decided to purchase a new bolens. And you are right the new ones look very cheaply made. I didn't buy a bolens I'm glad I didn't make that mistake. My old bolens was a well built mower, not like the ones I see today. Good luck with yours.

I also still own a 2 wheel bolens tractor with a small snow blade on it. It was being thrown out , I took it home put a new carb on it , cleaned the points in the magneto, put in fresh gas and it was running!

I think its from the 50's but I don't know that much about it, but its neat.

cubby