Hybrid Lawn Mowers --- Aren't they fast?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I find this press release both interesting and amusing: New green technology - Hybrid remote control lawn mower - green technology, remote control lawn mower, hybrid lawn mower

That press release was dated May 2009. Yet up until now there aren't a lot of manufacturers that produce hybrid cars. But this one is already producing hybrid lawn mowers. That I think is fast.

I find one claim in the press release hard to believe: that the mower can operate on a slope of 70 degrees. Vertical is 90 degrees... 70 degrees is just 20 degrees less... almost vertical. I don't buy it.

macky

Threads
WOW! Thanks for the link KennyV! With a construction like that, now I see why they claim to mow very steep inclines. That's impossible for ride-on mowers and too dangerous for trimmers. It almost makes being a hybrid a sheer bonus.

22Tae.jpg

Semiretired

Threads
Well, I thought I wanted one of these 'till I saw the price. 12 grand for the 22' and almost 19 grand for the 44". Maybe when I hit the lottery!!:eek:

Mean Machine

Threads
Quite the machine! I absolutey love the thought of a "remote control" lawn mower!----I can think of several fun ways to multi-task while mowing via remote conrol!

demhustler

Threads
yes, they are - fast as you can pedal : )))))
btw. oem calls something like "we bang" .... : (((((

Attachments

• exersize%20mower.jpg
    exersize%20mower.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 8

demhustler

Threads
toro's new hybrid - beats me how they manage to add 5400w generator and make it only 50 lbs heavier than non-hybr version
TORO

Attachments

• hybrid-pic1.png
    hybrid-pic1.png
    279.3 KB · Views: 7

mois25

Threads
The concept of hybrid mowers is fast catching up even in lawn mower circles. The beauty of it is that apart from being powered by the gas engine or electric motor or both, they can also be remote controlled.