Snapper restoration "old 30"

turbofiat124

Threads
Thanks lawn mower fanatic. Just trying to make sure I didn't have a biased opinion of my work. HAHA.:laughing:

Looks great!

I wish I could have saved my old 79 Hi-Vac. I loved mowing with it but it kept tearing up on me everytime I mowed with it. It got to where the rear wheels would telescope in and out and the clutch appeared to starting slipping around turns. I finally figured out it was the wheel bearings. Which was not apparant to me until they completely crapped out.

I had a guy I know but some used bearings in it and it was mowing like a new one. I mowed a section of my yard and was tickled to death then all of a sudden the rear wheels locked up on it. I understand there is a chain in the differential housing (so to speak) that can break and when it does will lock the rear wheels up. Could this be the cause? So I dragged it with my other Snapper to my scrap metal pile and it's been sitting there with a tarp over it for about three or four years. Waitiing for the engine and wheels to be stripped off before taking it to the metal recycler. Other than missing a deck and the rear wheels being locked up, it was running fine at the time.

I did manage to recycle the deck and I transplanted it to my 2000 Snapper in place of it's worn out paper thin deck:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/snapper-forum/11550-snapper-hybrid.html

I'd like to save it but it keeps tearing up on me! I figured it was time to hang it up.

twowheelinjim

Forum Newbie
Threads
You sir have inspired me to consider painting my ol' 30 as well....

Snapper101

Threads
It,s different, But I like it, You did a very nice job. ( Nice shop Too )