exmark running slower

tomben

Forum Newbie
Threads
my exmark quest seams to be slowing down on ground speed 250 hrs and suggestions engine runs great

Bomba

Threads
my exmark quest seams to be slowing down on ground speed 250 hrs and suggestions engine runs great

Is the air filter clean? Have u checked the hydro oil level?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Along with hydro oil level, check the temperature, if the hydraulic system can't dump the temperature it creates, it will loose performance.
:smile:KennyV

tomben

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the air filter clean? Have u checked the hydro oil level?
thanks for the reply, yes the air filter is clean. and the hydro oil was replaced at 200 hrs along with new filters. It feels like it is in the handles. what is the best way to adjust the steering handles? thanks again

tomben

Forum Newbie
Threads
Along with hydro oil level, check the temperature, if the hydraulic system can't dump the temperature it creates, it will loose performance.
:smile:KennyV
thanks for the reply, I keep the mower garaged and blow it off after every use, I try to keep it as clean has possable. How do you check the temp. of the hydralics? The oil was changed and new filters installed by the dealer at 200 hours. thanks again

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is it running the same top speed After it has been running for a half hour or so?
If it slows down after it heats up, That could indicate a problem... Are you Sure the Proper oil was installed at the 200 hr service? Has this change in speed gradually came on Since the oil & filter change? Or was it suddenly Slower?
Is it also Slower in reverse?
Any of these can give reasons for the drop in pump efficiency.
You can check the oil temp using an infrared temp gun, The Outside of the case will be the same temp as the oil within it. :smile:KennyV

tomben

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it running the same top speed After it has been running for a half hour or so?
If it slows down after it heats up, That could indicate a problem... Are you Sure the Proper oil was installed at the 200 hr service? Has this change in speed gradually came on Since the oil & filter change? Or was it suddenly Slower?
Is it also Slower in reverse?
Any of these can give reasons for the drop in pump efficiency.
You can check the oil temp using an infrared temp gun, The Outside of the case will be the same temp as the oil within it. :smile:KennyV

thanks for the reply; I have owned this mower about four years, it started running slower in the second year. this problem started before the oil and filter change. It starts off running slow and does not change speed. Yes, it is the same speed foward or reverse. My wife has a cub cadet with a 12 horse onan engine that runs faster than this exmark with a 24 horse briggs. thanks for your time.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
With the low hours you have I would Not expect any big problems. Check the engine to hydraulic drive pumps, if there is any slippage you can have a big reduction in performance, easy check, slipping belts get Hot.
I believe you are indicating that there is an equal percentage of decrease forward as there is in reverse. :smile:KennyV