Straight shaft or curved shaft trimmer. If you could only own one, which would it be?

Straight or Curved Shaft Trimmer ?

• Total voters
Threads
  • / Straight shaft or curved shaft trimmer. If you could only own one, which would it be?
The straight shaft keeps you from having to bend, and reach as much.

MowerMike

Threads
  • / Straight shaft or curved shaft trimmer. If you could only own one, which would it be?
....and the decision is ....

Straight shaft Echo SRM-225. Just picked it up today at a dealer open house, where I demo'd several Echo and Stihl trimmers. It is surprisingly lightweight and easy to handle, so I won't need a shoulder harness. They had a modest 10% discount on it too. :smile:

IMGP1486.jpg

Threads
Re: ....and the decision is ....

Straight shaft Echo SRM-225. Just picked it up today at a dealer open house, where I demo'd several Echo and Stihl trimmers. It is surprisingly lightweight and easy to handle, so I won't need a shoulder harness. They had a modest 10% discount on it too. :smile:

View attachment 12663

Great choice. You will be happy with it, but let us know your first impressions when you get to put it to work! :smile:

Threads
Re: ....and the decision is ....

View attachment 12663

Echo makes some good equipment you will be happy with it.

detdrbuzzard

Threads
I have a toro and a royoby, both are straight shaft and take attachments

clpolcar

Threads
Used both. Prefer straight shaft more. Stihl FS 90 r. Great machine

Mike88se

Threads
Did I answer already? If so it was straight and still is. For so many reasons. I have houses with shallow ditches tho and I'm thinking a curved shaft would be more suited to some of those ditches.

searsboy

Threads
I use both but I prefer a straight shaft because the seem to be a little easer for me to use