Modifying a push lawn sweeper to tow behind lawn tractor

vabear

Threads
  • / Modifying a push lawn sweeper to tow behind lawn tractor
I have an Agri-Fab push lawn sweeper and an Agri-Fab push lawn sweeper and was wondering if anyone had ever converted a push lawn sweeper to tow behind a lawn tractor. I am frugal or cheap, your call. Is this possiible as well as cost effective?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
it would be maybe if you took the bars and mount them forward but it is gonna take longer if you have a lawn tractor with bigger then a 28 inch deck because of its size compared to a normal tow behind.

PopeyeBluto

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Agri-Fab push lawn sweeper and an Agri-Fab push lawn sweeper and was wondering if anyone had ever converted a push lawn sweeper to tow behind a lawn tractor. I am frugal or cheap, your call. Is this possiible as well as cost effective?

What I would do is attach a couple of eyebolts somewhere on the front of the mower in some existing holes and attach a rope to pull it around behind the garden tractor for awhile. If it looks like it's going to be okay, it should work just fine. Then maybe rig up a little better tow bar. I think push sweepers are geared slightly different and built for more light duty, so go slow and don't over fill it.

Remember, SPEED IS NOT THE ANSWER when using a garden tractor for anything!