Differences between 2 48" Baggers (Husqvarna and Poulan)

Rdavis441

Threads
  • / Differences between 2 48" Baggers (Husqvarna and Poulan)
I am getting ready to Purchase a 48" Bagger for a 48" Husqvarna Lawn Tractor. Husqvarna has one (H348SL) for $370. Poulan has one that looks identical to the Husqvarna for $299. The Poulan listing says "fits 48" Poulan or 48" Husqvana). My question is"Is anyone out there familiar with these two baggers. They are both available from Amazon.com so I can't phsically see either. By the way, $370 one costs $429 at Lowes. Any information or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks, Ron

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am getting ready to Purchase a 48" Bagger for a 48" Husqvarna Lawn Tractor. Husqvarna has one (H348SL) for $370. Poulan has one that looks identical to the Husqvarna for $299. The Poulan listing says "fits 48" Poulan or 48" Husqvana). My question is"Is anyone out there familiar with these two baggers. They are both available from Amazon.com so I can't phsically see either. By the way, $370 one costs $429 at Lowes. Any information or suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks, Ron

Rdavis, since no one seems to have a definitive response I will volunteer that my 48 Craftsman has a 3 bin , hard plastic unit(s), since new. I've never looked for not seen a pn but is the "common" looking one. I paid around $300 in 2004 from Sears. Nothing has been replaced although a few small items were damaged and replaced with my diy equivalents: Strap holding inserted "up tube" to stationary tube from deck (rubber, broke) not needed; rubber springs holding stationary tube to deck broke, replaced with home made springs. That's it. The thing has been durable. If you tell me where to look for a pn I will see if it has one. The $370 price looks likely for inflation adjusted 9 years later . The $299 likely a different unit (or a deal.) All bets off with Lowes. I have found them high.

Edit Th Checked receipt. Paid $350 not $300. Craftsman pn 71-24985

Last edited:

Rdavis441

Threads
Rdavis, since no one seems to have a definitive response I will volunteer that my 48 Craftsman has a 3 bin , hard plastic unit(s), since new. I've never looked for not seen a pn but is the "common" looking one. I paid around $300 in 2004 from Sears. Nothing has been replaced although a few small items were damaged and replaced with my diy equivalents: Strap holding inserted "up tube" to stationary tube from deck (rubber, broke) not needed; rubber springs holding stationary tube to deck broke, replaced with home made springs. That's it. The thing has been durable. If you tell me where to look for a pn I will see if it has one. The $370 price looks likely for inflation adjusted 9 years later . The $299 likely a different unit (or a deal.) All bets off with Lowes. I have found them high.

Edit Th Checked receipt. Paid $350 not $300. Craftsman pn 71-24985

I hope I am doing this correctly. I found that the two are exactly alike. I went on the internet and searched for the two part numbers. Ifound the along with the Illustrated Parts manuals which I downloaded. I compared them part for part and they are identical. It turns out that the Poulan bagger is made by Husqvarna. I think that if it is distributed with the Husqvarna name and part number it sells for more than if shipped as a Poulan item. It is unbelievable but if you lookup the Husqvana Model/part number, it sells for $369.95, $429.95 amd even $499.95 depending onwhere you buy it. It certainly pays to shop around. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my request. Rdavis441[/quote]

Rdavis441

Threads
I hope I am doing this correctly. I found that the two are exactly alike. I went on the internet and searched for the two part numbers. Ifound the along with the Illustrated Parts manuals which I downloaded. I compared them part for part and they are identical. It turns out that the Poulan bagger is made by Husqvarna. I think that if it is distributed with the Husqvarna name and part number it sells for more than if shipped as a Poulan item. It is unbelievable but if you lookup the Husqvana Model/part number, it sells for $369.95, $429.95 amd even $499.95 depending onwhere you buy it. It certainly pays to shop around. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my request. Rdavis441[/quote]