Big Box Store or Local Dealer

Big Box or Dealer

• Total voters

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I am wondering if more of you out there buy big box store equipment or local dealers and please tell me why???? :anyone::anyone::anyone:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I try to buy as many things as i can from a dealer so that i keep there livelihoods and they offer great service as well :smile::thumbsup:

Threads
Local Dealer!!!!

I always buy from a dealer for many reasons. One, it supports the local economy. Two, they tend to be more knowledgeable about their products. Three, they tend to be nicer because you have bought stuff there before and might give you a deal. Four, they service what they sell! The only thing I did NOT buy from a dealer was my Craftsman snowblower.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I always buy from a dealer I'd rather support the local business instead of the BB stores, and like LMF said they are more knowledgeable about the products and equipment they sell. When you buy from a dealer you're not only supporting them but you're getting there service department and that can payoff big time. Buying from a dealer can earn you discounts on upcoming purchases, again something that can benefit you as a consumer. These are things that you'll never get from a BB store.

jymie

Threads
You get no service from a big box store enough said....

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
LMF SAYS "I always buy from a dealer for many reasons.". Which dealer did you buy your Crapman at? Or is it always unless I get a better price.

ramaglia375

Forum Newbie
Threads
I try to buy as many things as i can from a dealer so that i keep there livelihoods and they offer great service as well :smile::thumbsup:

I work at a "big box store" part-time and can verify the lack of "product support" after the sale. Other than a return or an exchange, everything has to be sent out to the manufacturers for repair.

Threads
I work at a "big box store" part-time and can verify the lack of "product support" after the sale. Other than a return or an exchange, everything has to be sent out to the manufacturers for repair.

OK since you work at a BB store I have a question for you: Are the mowers you buy at a BB store different in anyway than the ones you buy at a dealer? Some people say they ARE different, but others say there is no difference. :confused2:

Threads
What if you buy from a big box store, or dealer but do all your own service, and repair? Just curious because I buy from both but mostly from dealers.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK since you work at a BB store I have a question for you: Are the mowers you buy at a BB store different in anyway than the ones you buy at a dealer? Some people say they ARE different, but others say there is no difference. :confused2:

I would say their is differences but only down to price.

Over here you could buy a red cylinder mower from a certain bbs for 」399 but no scarifier cassette.
Now from a dealer same machine but it was green for 」499 but with scarifier cassette free.
Scarifier cassette can be only bought from a dealer but its 」120.

Also some lawnmowers would have no oil filters or no bearings in wheels or handle arrangment different or even down to engine internals different to keep price down.

But if it was a well known expensive brand then the bbs machine and dealer machine are exactly the same.

Its then down to price against service.

We get customers use us for test run and all the leg work and then go and buy from a bbs or internet.