• Manufacturer

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Warranty

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Lawn Mower is as unique as the people who own and maintain them. How do you select the Lawn Mower you purchase?

okiepc

Threads
You left out one important choice, Price, that is a big consideration.:thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You left out one important choice, Price, that is a big consideration.:thumbsup:

Price is a big consideration but I didn't list price because I knew it would be the top choice without consideration for the rest. With the price range being so wide, $200 to 12K depending on your individual needs I think people should consider parts of the list offered before purchasing or making a choice. What would you consider to be the next most important thing in spending your money, what would you want?

okiepc

Threads
True, you are correct, price would be number 1. & all of your choices you listed matter. I see what you are asking.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Personally I think you need to look at Warranty before anything else with anything you buy today and it can be tricky. Like Toro offers a three year 240 hr on one of there mowers, another offers the same three year warranty but with unlimited hours and the mower is basically the same but there's over a thousand dollars difference in price, what do you buy?

Threads
I think for me it's PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY first, then EASE OF USE. I agree, the warranty is VERY important, but if the mower is horrible all around it doesn't matter how long the warranty is. I would return it! :rolleyes:

MowerMike

Threads
I'm kind of surprised that you did not include dealer support as a criterion in your poll. Would you buy an expensive brand name mower if the nearest dealer / service center was hundreds of miles away ?

Also, the criterion of manufacturer is ambiguous. For example, I'm more concerned with the motor manufacturer in a simple push mower than the overall manufacturer. In a more expensive and complex mower like a ZTR, I might care more about the mower manufacturer than the brand of the engine.

Threads
I'm kind of surprised that you did not include dealer support as a criterion in your poll. Would you buy an expensive brand name mower if the nearest dealer / service center was hundreds of miles away ?

Also, the criterion of manufacturer is ambiguous. For example, I'm more concerned with the motor manufacturer in a simple push mower than the overall manufacturer. In a more expensive and complex mower like a ZTR, I might care more about the mower manufacturer than the brand of the engine.

Or you could buy a Honda and the mower manufacturer and engine manufacturer would be the same! :laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

It's like I said before with pricing, I could have included it, I could have included dealer support and engine type and the list goes on. The choices in the the poll are just some of the things I've seen posted here and some other forums that people seem to think are important to them and possibly sway them one way or another in there purchase.. Now posting what you did and giving your input again shows the things that could influence your decision and maybe someone else in what mower you or they would buy and why. :thumbsup: Checking a choice in a poll is fine but unless we have input like you posted it means nothing.

Old Goat

Threads
How about this?
Anyone who doesn't do his own research before plunking down his money is a fool.