Craftsman LT1000

BIGxMONEY

Threads
I have a craftsman LT1000. They problem I have been having is when I put it in gear and SLOWLY realease the brake/clutch it starts really fast and almost wants to do a wheelie. This originally was a 18 hp mower then the engine died and i replaced it with a 17.5 hp. Would it be a minor adjustment to the brakes? When I changed engine I put the same pulley on the shaft. So is it just tighter with the different engine so It want to grab the dive pulley harder?

BIGxMONEY

Threads
Craftsman LT1000 Engine

I have a 17.5 hp engine on my Craftsman lt1000. I was wondering if leaving the key in the on position without it running would make the carb. stay open and flood the engine allowing the gas to go into the oil?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Craftsman LT1000 Engine

If you have a fuel shut off solenoid, it is possible. More than likely it is a bad float needle.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like you have a worn belt or a bad tension idler pulley.

BIGxMONEY

Threads

I took the carb apart and cleaned it. When I bought the engine the guy didn't have Andy for t so we had to wire it straight from the starter solenoid. Which meant it was simulating the key being turned in the on position. Ands when I got It home and ran it I left the key on and an hour later I noticed gas in the oil tank. So I installed a fuel shut of switch. But for selling it I would like to know if it was he key being left on. Is this a possibility?

BIGxMONEY

Threads
Could it just need a brake adjustment or is it the pulley that moves when the brake/clutch pedal is pressed?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads

As I said in post #2 yes it is possible, but I doubt it. Anything could happen. More likely the float needle valve is bad, sticking open, allowing fuel to continuing ton flow after the engine is shut off. This will occur when you have a gravity feel system.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Could be possible, but I doubt it. The brake should release as soon as you start to release the pedal. The belt is not grabbing smoothly, causing the tranny engaging or grabbing suddenly.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello and Welcome to LawnMowerForum.

This thread was duplicated, so we merged the two threads into one here. Good luck! :thumbsup: