Buying Advice Kubota Kommander

Threads
I bought my ZG124 back in May or June and I've had great luck with it. I stayed with a 48" deck due to the opening of my shed and gate for the backyard, plus I'm under an acre in size, so a ZT with a 48" deck is overkill to begin with.

I love the quality of cut that it offers. Even after being away for 10 days on vacation, and mowing over 3" of growth, I didn't have any clumping, even with slightly damp grass. That impressed me.

At the time I purchased it, I didn't think the lights were necessary, but as fall is approaching, I can see the benefit in them, so I'll probably order up the kit. On my old John Deere, I had switched my blades to a set of Gatorblades. Unfortunately, I contacted Gatorblades and they don't make a set of the Kubota's with a 48" deck yet. I'm not sure I want to go full mulching, but I'd like to get a set of mulching blades.

As for a couple comments I've read about not having an access panel for the belt/spindles, it's only 4 bolts to remove the panel, that's less than a minute worth of work, and I'm happy they did that as it's more secure.

Sounds like you really like your Kommander!

PVHIII

Threads
For the price and what they are meant for they are perfect... I work at a Kubota dealership and while we deal in Scag, Dixie Chopper, and Gravely.
I wouldn't recommend this for a commercial application because afterall it is belt driven rather than shaft driven, which is why we were able to reduce the price point so much... If you have any questions for want some information just PM me.

I know this is an old post but I had to laugh at your shaft vs. belt driven comment...most ZTR's commercial and residential are belt driven and that's not the reason you market this as a residential model...I would say it's because of those weak deck mounting brackets and that residential Kohler couragelsss engine... and that shaft driven option ain't all it's made out to b...I've heard several complaints... just sayin that shaft driven comment you made is very misleading

PVHIII

Threads
I know this is an old post but I had to laugh at your shaft vs. belt driven comment...most ZTR's commercial and residential are belt driven and that's not the reason you market this as a residential model...I would say it's because of those weak deck mounting brackets and that residential Kohler couragelsss engine... and that shaft driven option ain't all it's made out to b...I've heard several complaints... just sayin that shaft driven comment you made is very misleading

It may have helped you reduce the price some more but theres other way More important reasons why this model is sold at a cheap price.. I will say Kubota sales the best lookin ZTR's but when it comes to mowers looks are of little later importance

The Alchemist

Threads
It may have helped you reduce the price some more but theres other way More important reasons why this model is sold at a cheap price.. I will say Kubota sales the best lookin ZTR's but when it comes to mowers looks are of little later importance

For me, I was looking for a residential/commercial hybrid for my 2/3 acre. I wanted the quality cut and ease of use that the commercial ZT's offered, but didn't want to spend $6-10k on one. I looked at Hustlers, Gravelys, even Exmarks as well as the Kubota. In the end, I liked the controls and 'feel' of the Kubota over the others and felt my dollar went further. I put 35 hours on it since I got it in May, and am very happy.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
After so much discussion thought some might like to see it. For those who have never seen one. Here is a couple 2013 S models.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Kubota-Kommander-e1365542517542.jpg
    Kubota-Kommander-e1365542517542.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 8fd519b6-7b95-49cd-a063-ca5f8fb331fe.jpg
    8fd519b6-7b95-49cd-a063-ca5f8fb331fe.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 196

jay stortini

Threads
What about mulch kit? Should I or shouldn't i?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm also interested in the mulch kit. Any feedback on the quality of it and pricing?

Not sure if this is any help or not but I have a ZG 222 that we put a mulch kit under every winter. It does a great job. We run the mower commercially without it in the summertime. If memory serves me correctly we paid in the $200 range for the kit.

RustyBoy

Threads
For the price and what they are meant for they are perfect... I work at a Kubota dealership and while we deal in Scag, Dixie Chopper, and Gravely.
I wouldn't recommend this for a commercial application because afterall it is belt driven rather than shaft driven, which is why we were able to reduce the price point so much... If you have any questions for want some information just PM me.

Hello,
Since you work at a dealer that sells Kubota and Gravely, how would you compare the Kommander with the Gravely XT HD???? I see that the Kommander has cast aluminum spindles versus cast iron and uses a different engine.

st1300

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking at a Kammander also, how will it handle some hilly turf, slopes near the road, slight down back and around the house.
Mowing about 2.5 acres.
Thx.
It handles the hills better then my old conventional riding mower more stable going up and down and sideways get the suspension seat it's amazing