Blade Sharpening - a PRO's Perspective: Part 1

mikehouse

Threads
Thank you CQ.Very informative.So if i go to an ACE hardware store (also an authorized Stihl dealership) in my area,with my mower blade,shoul i ask about what do they do with sharpening my blade? Such as clean it,balance and straightening it,if necessary?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you CQ.Very informative.So if i go to an ACE hardware store (also an authorized Stihl dealership) in my area,with my mower blade,shoul i ask about what do they do with sharpening my blade? Such as clean it,balance and straightening it,if necessary?

I wouldn't wait for an answer on this thread, ........ it's 8 years old, something, a good number us do, by NOT checking the date of the last few posts

mikehouse

Threads
I got you on that,but i figure it would still go to his inbox if he's still valid.But Boobala,same question tho.

mikehouse

Threads
Another thing i'd like to ask....Instead of sharpening,how about if i replace the blade every other year.Or two.I guess i have an acre between the large front yard and small backyard.

Last edited:

mikehouse

Threads
Another thing i'd like to ask....Instead of sharpening,how about if i replace the blade every other year.Or two.I guess i have a acre between the large front yardand small backyard.