ATV Snow Blades - What brand is best?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...my L4200GST... (which is undeniably cooler than Kenny's L4200)...

JayC

Hey JayC yours is only cooler during the winter ... I have a heated cab..:laughing:

I guess your back hoe does make it cooler.:cool:
:smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is also much better on your concrete ... squeegees the surface as opposed to abrading the top layer..

Tire tread works great but it is a bear to work with.. Once you have it mounted it takes shape well and is a tough blade edge.. :smile:KennyV

Kenny, I had to use a half inch drill and a 5/8 inch bit to drill the 6 holes for the half-inch carriage bolts that go thru my back blade cutting edge and the tire tread...and it was still really a wrist-twisting exercise drilling through the wire reinforced rubber. I am thinking maybe next time I replace the rubber edge (if ever) I will just go to a retread shop and buy or beg a section of car tire tread...the truck tire tread I found on the shoulder was so thick and stiff from all the brass wires embedded in it, the cutting and drilling took a long time. Somebody told me that the tread I found, because it was still a round doughnut, must have come off a tire not retreaded, because when a retread fails it usually breaks off chunks of rubber and not in one complete section? Anyone know otherwise? :confused2: