Bad friends

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I am so sick of dealing with "friends" who really aren't friends at all; people who act like they care and then talk behind your back. I don't get it and it sucks. I have such a hard time trusting people anymore.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It has been my experience that you will have many acquaintances, BUT few real friends...
You will know the difference as you encounter it...

As for trusting people... always trust your own instincts when it comes to people... There are a lot of good folks out there BUT the bad ones really stand out as you happen across them.. :smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
There are two types of 'Friends'........namely "Givers".....and "Takers"......you will know when the penny drops.......believe me!:eek::confused2::biggrin::tongue:

Last edited:

AndyMan

Threads
Good friends are the ones who bring you a beer while you're mowing.

Bad friends are the ones who drink your last beer while you're mowing.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am so sick of dealing with "friends" who really aren't friends at all; people who act like they care and then talk behind your back. I don't get it and it sucks. I have such a hard time trusting people anymore.

As you get older it begins to matter less and less, I guess you learn not to put yourself in a position where someone elses opinions matter. I'm finding I care less and less about what people may say or think about me. And by all means never act on any of those assumptions or rumors. Just try and be as happy as you can thinking about what you have to be thankful for.
Don't worry about things you can't contol:wink:

grnspot110

Threads
It has been my experience that you will have many acquaintances, BUT few real friends...
You will know the difference as you encounter it...

As for trusting people... always trust your own instincts when it comes to people... There are a lot of good folks out there BUT the bad ones really stand out as you happen across them.. :smile:KennyV

Exactly!!! :thumbsup:

173abn

Threads
I'm 60yrs old,I've got 2 good friends.One died 6yrs. ago the other is still kicking and is still my best friend,except my 3 dogs. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm 60yrs old,I've got 2 good friends.One died 6yrs. ago the other is still kicking and is still my best friend,except my 3 dogs. russ

I am 59 and still have a few good friends, used to know a lot more people than I do now, but after I retired many gradually dropped out of sight. I have always thought for us married folks your spouse should be your best friend, if you have more than one good friend you are darn fortunate. My dad loved to say: "The best way to have good friends is to be one yourself".

touree

Threads
Initially 'friends' was a collective term for people you could literally count on. Then came the need to differentiate between good and bad friends.

I think with that the word lost meaning. It is important to treat people at face value until you ascertain their trustworthiness which so rare to come by.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
It is said that a friend will help you move. A real friend will help you move bodies.:laughing:

My best friend lives in California 2500 miles away. But if he called me and said, "I need you out here," I'd be on the next plane, and he'd do the same for me. I've known him for almost 50 years. We get together at least every couple years and it's really hard to say goodbye when it's over.

I've not kept friends that were takers and nothing more. I believe in giving, but I also believe it goes both ways. Life's too short for friends like that.