Dixie Chopper 2760HP vs. Bad Boy Lightening Z vs. Big Dog X1060

Rad10

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper 2760HP vs. Bad Boy Lightening Z vs. Big Dog X1060
Okay I have looked at so many ZTRs now I'm going crazy. I'm wanting to stay as close to 8K as possible and looking at commerical mowers because i like the heavier deck/build.

Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 2760HP with Generac air cooled 27hp, 60inch deck
Nice machine and appears to leave a great cut but only tested at the dealer. Ride was as good as expected with the suspension seat and all.

Concern is with the Generac, I have read mixed reviews. One thing that does concern me is I read they eat up the fuel and not much mowing per tank. The tank only hold 6 gallons.

Bad Boy Lightning Z 26HP Kawaski liquid cool, 60inch deck
appears to be very solid, cut looked good but hard to tell as tested at the dealer in the ditch (all that was available) and was not very tall grass to start with. Sits up a little higher than the other ZTR's and not sure i like this but $300 cheaper and based on research engine should last longer.

Big Dog X1060 26HP Kawaski air cooled, 60inch deck
This mower is made by the same company that makes Hustler. Actually appears to be an older model Hustler with red paint.
Built solid cut okay. my grass was a little tall in one area and taller in another. Seemed to cut fine if i slowed down in both but cut the taller thicker grass no problem going fast.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of either of these mowers? I like the chopper but little hestitate on the Generac, plus i read it was a real gas guzzler but i'm not sure. Either one seems like it would do the job just looking for input.

Thanks,
Mark

CarlGlas

Threads
With 2760 HP, where do you sit? :laughing:

FRISKY

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am using a 2001 Dixie Chopper with a 27HP Kohler and it is the best mower I have ever used. It cuts very fast and smooth. It uses about 1.5 gallons to mow three acres (1/2-gallon per acre) Most days it cuts an acre in about 20-minutes no matter how tall the grass is.

I don't know anything about the Generac engines.

indypower

Threads
What about the Iron Eagle? 25hp Kohler/ 60" cut. 2 hp really makes no noticeable difference.

RockHound

Threads
My neighbor bought a Dixie Chopper about three years ago and he is still thrilled with it. It's been a quick little mower and the zero turn radius is perfect for his lawn which has a lot of trees and plants in it. I am actually considering getting one for next year maybe.

YooTeeAyud

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the Bad Boy Lightning Z, 26hp LC Kawasaki, 60" deck...I bought it last year and have mixed feelings. First, I had a short in the starter fuse block (Bad Boy sent me a new one...I installed it myself), Second, I had to spend an inordinate amount of time leveling the deck (not an easy task for one 'not-so-mechanically-inclined'...the shop that sold it to me was 34 miles away, so I adjusted it myself), Third, I keep throwing my drive belt...I know it's an adjustment problem, but a mower with less than 50 hours shouldn't need constant adjusting, and Last, this thing collects enough grass under the deck to fill a 5-gallon bucket with each cutting of my 2-acre lawn. I don't know why, it just does. There is no way to clean it, unless you drive it up on a pair of automobile ramps and use a pressure washer to blow away the 'accumulated sod' it gathers with each mowing.

The TWO greatest things about this mower are: (1) This thing cuts ALL the grass at 15 miles per hour (and I DO mean ALL the grass...it's like a having your own private 'lawn-barber'...beautiful job...always!), and (2) It has fewer moving parts, which should always equal 'fewer repairs'. It's built like a tank and is very solid-feeling while mowing.

Would I ever buy another one??? I did an immense amount of comparison-shopping prior to pulling the trigger on the Bad Boy. I don't think you can duplicate the quality of the machine, for any less money. True, I've had a couple of irritating problems, but all-in-all this thing is the bomb! Nothing can keep up with it while mowing...NOTHING! Speed isn't everything...but a manicured lawn behind it is...I was completely convinced after the first cutting! I stand by my first impression.

WISCOPROUD

Threads
go w/ dixie IMO. :biggrin:

capt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

Don't know about the Dixie chopper but I use a 48" bad boy. I really like the bad boy and the seat is very comfortable and the cut is great.

I mow at a KOA campground and we have a lot of camp sites and a lot of turning around the utilities and plants.

Capt

WISCOPROUD

Threads
Never used a bad boy but heard from people in the industry its a flash in the pan. If they do go away good luck gettn service or parts. just sayn:cool: