Comparison Echo or husqvarna blower

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
Should I buy this echo pb-500t for 299.00 or the husqvarna 150BT for 299.00 with almost double the CFM and MPH

Attachments

• image-378259328.jpg
    image-378259328.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image-3171037579.jpg
    image-3171037579.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 24

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Should I buy this echo pb-500t for 299.00 or the husqvarna 150BT for 299.00 with almost double the CFM and MPH

That would depend on what you're going to use and need the unit for. If you can buy them for the same price the sensible thing would be to buy the unit with the most CFM (cubic feet per minute)of air volume that the blower is capable of pushing. It is the volume of air moved, not the speed of the air flow, which has the biggest impact on moving leaves and debris.

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
Ric said:
That would depend on what you're going to use and need the unit for. If you can buy them for the same price the sensible thing would be to buy the unit with the most CFM (cubic feet per minute)of air volume that the blower is capable of pushing. It is the volume of air moved, not the speed of the air flow, which has the biggest impact on moving leaves and debris.

I am going to be using it for every thing including fall clean up

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am going to be using it for every thing including fall clean up

Then definitly buy the one with the most CFM because it will have the biggest impact on moving leaves and debris. Don't worry so much about mph.

Threads

dito.gif I agree 100% with Ric.

Threads
I have owned both and hands down the Echo is far and above better. The Husqvarna states the CFM is double, but if you read the very fine print, that CFM is measured at the housing, not the pipe. I now have the Husqvarna after my Echo lived a very long life. I can tell you that there is no difference between the two as far as moving air. After the Husqvanra has served its purpose, it's back to Echo I go!
Oldgrasscutter........

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have owned both and hands down the Echo is far and above better. The Husqvarna states the CFM is double, but if you read the very fine print, that CFM is measured at the housing, not the pipe. I now have the Husqvarna after my Echo lived a very long life. I can tell you that there is no difference between the two as far as moving air. After the Husqvanra has served its purpose, it's back to Echo I go!
Oldgrasscutter........

You are correct Husqvana measures it cfm in the housing along with there velocity that's how they come up with the velocity's they claim. Take there BT 150 they say there CFM is 710 in the housing and claim 251 mph with a 50.2cc engine. Stihl as an example list there BR 600 magnum with a CFM of 712 with the tube and a 201 mph with a 64.8 cc engine and Echo I believe measures the cfm and air velocity the same as Stihl. So basically what it comes down to is the BT 150 measured the same as the others mite have a cfm of about 430 with the tube and a mph maybe 150 or somewhere close to that would be my guess.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
You are correct Husqvana measures it cfm in the housing along with there velocity that's how they come up with the velocity's they claim. Take there BT 150 they say there CFM is 710 in the housing and claim 251 mph with a 50.2cc engine. Stihl as an example list there BR 600 magnum with a CFM of 712 with the tube and a 201 mph with a 64.8 cc engine and Echo I believe measures the cfm and air velocity the same as Stihl. So basically what it comes down to is the BT 150 measured the same as the others mite have a cfm of about 430 with the tube and a mph maybe 150 or somewhere close to that would be my guess.

i have the 150bt it is a amazing blower great blower and starts 1st or 2nd pull and really good motor :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
i have the 150bt it is a amazing blower great blower and starts 1st or 2nd pull and really good motor :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Husqvarna is a bad blower or piece of equipment I just don't like they way they rate them. I think it's wrong to feed misleading information to the public.

MowerMike

Threads
Echo quality is better than Husqvarna. There's a reason why Echo offers a longer warranty.