Snow Removal Group

Threads
I just wanted to tell you that there are many groups available for people to join. There is a Snow Removal Group! You can join this group if you do snow removal as a business or if you just like shoveling snow as a homeowner. You can have discussions and post pictures! The more members the better, so join below:

Snow Removal Group: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/groups/snow-removal.html

10597d1356821718-lets-see-your-snowblower-snowblowing-2-png

Last edited:

noma

Threads
Hi where are all the snow lovers at? :thumbsup:

Threads
Hi where are all the snow lovers at? :thumbsup:

I don't know.....it usually takes a while for a new group to get busy. Noma: Make sure you join this group and the 2-Cycle group like you said you were going to do, since we can use all the members we can get! :smile:

Parkmower

Threads
Got two of these old toro 2 cyl sigle stages for free. Mod numbers say they both 1979. This one running like a champ. Other one does run but needs carb kit.
It isn't performing to what I think it can do. I flipped the paddles. Checked belt. But haven't really had snow to really see. Had 2-2.5 inches overnight bur turned to rain and made a heavy 1". It doesn't bog out just doesn't really throw like I'd like. Prob needs new paddles.
I will try to make new ones seeing as they are jut strait cut piece of 1/4" rubber.
Any other ideas?

Attachments

• image-3076381659.jpg
    image-3076381659.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 25
Threads
Got two of these old toro 2 cyl sigle stages for free. Mod numbers say they both 1979. This one running like a champ. Other one does run but needs carb kit.
It isn't performing to what I think it can do. I flipped the paddles. Checked belt. But haven't really had snow to really see. Had 2-2.5 inches overnight bur turned to rain and made a heavy 1". It doesn't bog out just doesn't really throw like I'd like. Prob needs new paddles.
I will try to make new ones seeing as they are jut strait cut piece of 1/4" rubber.
Any other ideas?

I don't have any other ideas, but that looks like a nice snowblower! :thumbsup:

Parkmower

Threads
lawn mower fanatic said:
I don't have any other ideas, but that looks like a nice snowblower! :thumbsup:

Now your just being nice. Lol. It looks good for free. I like it cause I throw it in the trunk of my van in a big garbage bag and no mess. It's done everything I've asked it. Maybe if we get some serious snow we'll see. We don't get the snow like we used to. We barely get any now.

Threads
Now your just being nice. Lol. It looks good for free. I like it cause I throw it in the trunk of my van in a big garbage bag and no mess. It's done everything I've asked it. Maybe if we get some serious snow we'll see. We don't get the snow like we used to. We barely get any now.

Yeah same here! In February 2010 we got four feet of snow! In the WHOLE 2011-2012 winter we only got a foot, and so far in the 2012-2013 winter we only got 7.5 inches! :frown:

tigercat

Threads
Ok, I'm in.
Here is my new Ariens machine. I like the brand but this one it's not perfect.

I also made a dumb youtube movie on my new Ariens machine so here is the link. HERE

It's a decent machine with lots of power but with a few problems. I show my issues and I resolved them on the video.

I have a 10 year old Snapper that is my back up machine in case the main machine dies. I have a lot of area here and it seems the machines just wear out every 10 years over here. Two things about the Snapper that gives it the back seat to clearing snow is 1 that thing is slow going around the property, and 2 the shoot needs 9 cranks to turn 180 degrees. Too slow of a machine, but it does run well.

Threads
Nice machines! :thumbsup: My "dream snowblower" would be an Ariens, but I can't justify spending the money right now since the snow is so unpredictable here. But this winter has been good so far....we got around 21" of snow so far. That original light design is kind of dumb how it shines in your face...good mods!

tigercat

Threads
I have a long sidewalks with a big driveway and the skids on my machines wear out yearly. I made a modification so perhaps the machine will run better around the property. Here is the youtube link. I got the idea from my late Uncle. He put bearings on my dads snowbird snowblower. When I junked that machine (35 years old) the little bearings up front still rolled smoothly...

Custom rolling snowblower skids - YouTube