Snow Removal Group

Threads
Someone else did something similar on another forum....I'll show you a link if I find it.

tigercat

Threads
I can't seem to edit my previous post so I will add the new link to that youtube video here. I added a minute of myself snowblowing the driveway with the machine and it shows how nicely the bearings work on the front end of the machine. The last minute of the video shows the snowblower in action.
Custom rolling snowblower skids - YouTube

Threads
I can't seem to edit my previous post so I will add the new link to that youtube video here. I added a minute of myself snowblowing the driveway with the machine and it shows how nicely the bearings work on the front end of the machine. The last minute of the video shows the snowblower in action.

Seems to work well! :thumbsup:

Timmie

Threads
I have a long sidewalks with a big driveway and the skids on my machines wear out yearly. I made a modification so perhaps the machine will run better around the property. Here is the youtube link. I got the idea from my late Uncle. He put bearings on my dads snowbird snowblower. When I junked that machine (35 years old) the little bearings up front still rolled smoothly...

What a GREAT idea! I will ad that idea to my blower mods this summer. Thanks

bwright1818

Threads
Okay, you got me. I have four Ariens machines. Three are old. The fourth, an 8/24, is older than DIRT. All machines were either from the scrap pile or dirt cheap. In addition to the 8/24, I also have a 5/24 and two ST10/32s, which brings me to a question:

Tecumseh 10 hp Snow king engines: Are they any good? There seems to be a bunch out there with thrown rods, one of them being one of mine. It has a hole through the block. Are short blocks (no head but all rotating parts) still available? Is Tecumseh even in business? Is there a Briggs whole engine drop in equivilant? Has anybody tried welding one shut and putting a new rod in? I am a boat mechanic by trade but have not taken it apart to see the whole extent of the damage yet. Just wondering if it's EVER been done by anybody reading, in this group? Thanks!

detdrbuzzard

Threads
Okay, you got me. I have four Ariens machines. Three are old. The fourth, an 8/24, is older than DIRT. All machines were either from the scrap pile or dirt cheap. In addition to the 8/24, I also have a 5/24 and two ST10/32s, which brings me to a question:

Tecumseh 10 hp Snow king engines: Are they any good? There seems to be a bunch out there with thrown rods, one of them being one of mine. It has a hole through the block. Are short blocks (no head but all rotating parts) still available? Is Tecumseh even in business? Is there a Briggs whole engine drop in equivilant? Has anybody tried welding one shut and putting a new rod in? I am a boat mechanic by trade but have not taken it apart to see the whole extent of the damage yet. Just wondering if it's EVER been done by anybody reading, in this group? Thanks!

i was looking at some short blocks on ebay the other day
as for snowblowers i've got 2 toro powerliteE
1 craftsman 5.5/24
1 toro ccr2450E
1 toro ccr3000E
1 toro ccr3650E
3 toro 521's, one is electric start
1 toro xl824 powershift with electric start
1 toro 826 with electric start

javjacob

Threads
I know its not snow season yet but you can add me to the group. Not sure how to join? I push snow with a John Deere 345 garden tractor with a 48" front blade. You can see it in my profile pic.

Threads
I know its not snow season yet but you can add me to the group. Not sure how to join? I push snow with a John Deere 345 garden tractor with a 48" front blade. You can see it in my profile pic.

Nice snow removal setup! :thumbsup: I invited you to the group....I don't know exactly what it looks like on your end, but you just have to accept the invitation.

bwright1818

Threads
Don't know if anybody cares but I did have the block of my ten hp Tecumseh welded shut, at a cost of $85. Done by a professional welder. I guess the block warped a bit, as the piston bound up very slightly, at bottom stroke. I decided to go with it. I spent the money and had nothing to loose. On this machine, now I have blow-by and oil drips out of the crank case vent tube, when running. It also kicks back something WICKED when trying to start. I don't yet know if this is related to the block or if I have to go back and check my points....I will say that once it does start, it runs very well and has plenty of power....