oil filter for john deere d170

swalt

Forum Newbie
Threads
will it hurt anything to use an automotive oil filter and a cheaper oil than briggs oil? it costs more to change the mower oil than it does my car!

PJ

Threads
will it hurt anything to use an automotive oil filter and a cheaper oil than briggs oil? it costs more to change the mower oil than it does my car!

Clean filtered oil and oil presure main principle achive that and your engine will last oil quality is important

Sent from my iPad using LMF

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can get High quality oil filters at most auto parts stores, many will be as good as OR Better than the ones 'labeled' mower filters...
Oil will be easy to find a Much better oil even synthetic for Less than the labeled oils. :smile:KennyV

noma

Threads
HI Do a oil filter number cross over and see what other brands will fix you mower like Kenney said there are a lot of very good filter that will work a lot cheaper for your mower :laughing::confused2:
PHP:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you buying the john deere packaged oil filter?
They can be expensive due to the packaging.

PJ

Threads
You can get High quality oil filters at most auto parts stores, many will be as good as OR Better than the ones 'labeled' mower filters...
Oil will be easy to find a Much better oil even synthetic for Less than the labeled oils. :smile:KennyV

This is personal choice even with your car the choice is yours as I said clean filtered oil oil pressure and good quality oil and you will be OK

possum

Threads
Four cycle engines do not hold the interest of the owner near as much as two cycle stuff does. You will find many Stihl owners that will run nothing but Stihl oil but not many who will run Briggs oil in a Briggs product. The small engine filters are expensive. But most folks only use them once a year. But you are right, cost as much or more than the oil change in your car if you go with the engine makers branded oil and filter.