poulan pro PPb330

whitelee28

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. I have a poulan pro PPB330 string trimmer. The problem i am having is it started to bog down during use then it stopped working all together. I changed the spark plug and have cleaned the carburetor. The air filter has been cleaned. When i try to start it some times it will start and run for just a second then stop. After that it wont even try to start. It is a year old. Any suggestions on what i can do to try to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to the forum...
2 cycle engines at times have problems with carbon build up in the muffler, exhaust port... check to see if it's plugged up... :smile:KennyV

whitelee28

Forum Newbie
Threads
thank you for the info i will check it out and let you know if that was the problem.

lizard

Threads
Spray some carby cleaner into the spark plug hole and carby .....leave for 30 minutes and this will dissolve the deposits that have built up.:licking:

Last edited:

whitelee28

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you all for the advice. What i found was a plugged screen on the exhaust port. I removed the screen and it runs like a champ.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you all for the advice. What i found was a plugged screen on the exhaust port. I removed the screen and it runs like a champ.

"removed the screen and it runs like a champ":thumbsup:

clean it up and it will be good... :smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
Best to remove the spark arrestor in the muffler......its only going to be used to do lawns......so there will not be a fire hazard.
If you were Whipper snippering in dry vegetation then you may have a problem in a spark causing a fire.
:rolleyes:

whitelee28

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks again for all of your advice. I will keep the spark arrestor off.