Hydraulic motors need wider nutral points

marks146

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Toro zero turn is very difficult to keep on a straight line because the steering motors don't have wide enough nutral points. Either I'm veering left or right.

Is there a way to turn down the gain on the hydraulics to widen the nutral spots?

BTW, this mower has 15 hours on it and has had this issue since new. I hoped after a few hours it would loosen up.

-- Mark

Last edited:

murphy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you sure some of this is not from wheel slippage? If you have a owners manual I think you will find some adjustment. My dads cub does, there also could be other issues like keeping debris away and if needing lubed or even the springs that some have on linkages. Just some thoughts to look in to, may have nothing to do with yours.

marks146

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you sure some of this is not from wheel slippage? If you have a owners manual I think you will find some adjustment. My dads cub does, there also could be other issues like keeping debris away and if needing lubed or even the springs that some have on linkages. Just some thoughts to look in to, may have nothing to do with yours.

I dumped the Toro for a Kubota. Much better unit. Not apples to apples, though. The Toro was a high end residential. The Kubota is a real commercial unit. No comparison really, like going from a Yugo to a BMW. Now I can't wait to cut the lawn!!! :thumbsup: