Sleeve hitch

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anybody know of a cheap source to get a sleeve hitch for a Craftsman Lawn Tractor?

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: That maybe a hard find. As sleeve hitches are not designed for LT's. They are designed for GT's.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Go to a auto parts store and get one made to bolt to a bumper that's what I did on my craftsman.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Go to a auto parts store and get one made to bolt to a bumper that's what I did on my craftsman.

A sleeve hitch for a small tractor is a lifting hitch.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok now I get what your talking about.

Never heard it called that before.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
A sleeve hitch for a small tractor is a lifting hitch.

I never heard of a lifting sleeve hitch. When I read your trend I thought of a automotive style hitch and it looks like I wasn't alone. This may be a very dumb question but...So just what is a Sleeve hitch?. Do you use it to lift the tractor or does it lift attachments? OK I looked them up on the net

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I never heard of a lifting sleeve hitch. When I read your trend I thought of a automotive style hitch and it looks like I wasn't alone. This may be a very dumb question but...So just what is a Sleeve hitch?. Do you use it to lift the tractor or does it lift attachments? OK I looked them up on the net

Sears has this one for advertised for $139.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...tm_medium=cse&utm_term=71-24586&sid=SPDxGPROD

I have not made up my mind whether to get one or not. If I get the tow behind straw rake I won't need that hitch. I might get some garden implements as well. Still trying to make up my mind on all of that.

mullins87

Threads
You've found out that even the basic ones are not cheap. I got very lucky. One night the family and I was in Lowe's, and I was wandering around aimlessly in the lawn and garden section. I happened to look up and they had clearanced out their sleeve hitches for $50. Looking back, I wish I had bought all three of them.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You've found out that even the basic ones are not cheap. I got very lucky. One night the family and I was in Lowe's, and I was wandering around aimlessly in the lawn and garden section. I happened to look up and they had clearanced out their sleeve hitches for $50. Looking back, I wish I had bought all three of them.

That was a bargain.