I Got a "NEW" HRC7113TXA 48" walk behind

dfbrown

Threads
I am new to the forum and a huge honda fan but i like some things from other brands also but i just got a new hrc7113 walk behind that i got from a local dealer that i am cool with and he is one of the biggest honda dealers in the usa. long story short he had 3 of them in crates for like 10 years and with no decks for the 3 of them. (i forget the story but used them on tractors at the time so) he had honda search and get decks for them and assemble them to sell them. It had 0.1 hours on the hour meter and looked new but has some very very light oxidation on some parts but it is still new cause it looks great. probably the last 3 new ones in the world and i got the last one of the 3. Just thought i would share the story. dont ask what i paid for it cause i wont tell you cause everyone will be pissed.

Threads
WELCOME TO LMF!
I also greeted you in your other thread, but I will say some of the things here, also. That mower is awesome! Even cooler that it is like one of the last 3 in the world!! If you could take a picture of your Honda stuff I would love to see it because I am a huge Honda fan also! :smile:
DSCN6578.jpg DSCN6585.jpg My Equipment Labeled.jpg

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The HRC7113 "TruGear" was the gear drive version of Honda wide-area commercial mower. The transmission was made by the Auburn company and the chassis/deck was based on a Bunton Company design. Honda provided overall project design, engine, specifications, marketing and support after the sale. Sadly, the HRC7113 was introduced right about the time ZTR models were taking off in the commercial market.

Did you actually buy these from a Honda dealer? If so, they probably still have warranty. If you'll share the frame serial number(s) with me, I can check, The frame serial number is in the form of "MZCK-1234567" and is located on the rear of the engine bed.

Attachments

• 7113.jpg
    7113.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 26
  • trugear.jpg
    trugear.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 13

dfbrown

Threads
Yes Robert I did buy it from a honda power equipment dealer in NJ. They were the #1 honda tractor dealer in the whole usa (what i was told) at one time long time ago and mr honda himself and a translator came there not long before he died (early 1990s) I will get you the serial numbers when i get home. I just picked it up saturday and he got the decks installed on them like july or august and i put it on layaway in october and just picked it up saturday. it had 0.1hours when i first saw it and its perfect new except for some very very light condensation from sitting in a crate for 10 years, Literally i saw it in there my own eyes. Kinda rare opertunity but i jumped on it and got a great deal. That dealer is my favorite, i go there all the time.

Threads
The HRC7113 "TruGear" was the gear drive version of Honda wide-area commercial mower. The transmission was made by the Auburn company and the chassis/deck was based on a Bunton Company design. Honda provided overall project design, engine, specifications, marketing and support after the sale. Sadly, the HRC7113 was introduced right about the time ZTR models were taking off in the commercial market.

Did you actually buy these from a Honda dealer? If so, they probably still have warranty. If you'll share the frame serial number(s) with me, I can check, The frame serial number is in the form of "MZCK-1234567" and is located on the rear of the engine bed.

That looks like a really nice mower!

603honda

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this a super old thread but I just picked up one of these for $300 with a bagger set up. Has 195 hours and I cleaned the carb and got it running. It seems to be working okay but I can't figure out how the adjust the brakes. I've read these are supposed to be so easy to operate and smooth to use but my first mow didnt go so well. It was extremely hard to use and I think its because the brakes arent working. For example it didnt stay going slow while going down hill so I had to hold it back myself from going to fast and I was in 1st gear. I'm new to walk behinds so I dont know much about them and how they work. I did need to rig the spring on the left side wheel that is used to pull on the pully to make the drive work (I think thats how it works) because the spring was broken at the end. Any help would be great. Thanks!

603honda

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are some pictures. IMG_2125.jpgIMG_2126.jpg

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
It was extremely hard to use and I think its because the brakes arent working. For example it didnt stay going slow while going down hill so I had to hold it back myself from going to fast and I was in 1st gear. I'm new to walk behinds so I dont know much about them and how they work. I did need to rig the spring on the left side wheel that is used to pull on the pully to make the drive work (I think thats how it works) because the spring was broken at the end. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Suggest you should check/inspect all parts of the engine and chassis to reveal any obvious issues...might be something simple as a freeplay:

28816147671_171d56174b_o.png

More Resources....

Honda Shop Manuals (free shipping)
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on eBay
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on Amazon

Owner's Manual, here's direct download link:
[url]http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31VG5600.pdf[/URL]

Parts:

New, genuine Honda parts are sold only by authorized Honda dealers. To get parts:
1. Get the serial number off the back of the power head frame...it is in the form of "MZCK-1234567"

SN_HRC7113.JPG

2. Buy Local? Find your local Honda dealer: Find A Honda Dealer

3. Buy Online? Look-up the part number yourself (link here: [url]http://peparts.honda.com[/URL] ), then Google the part number to find a dealer selling it online.