Cub Cadet G1236 Commercial WB 36"

coach2002

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have any experience with this machine? I found one new at a local dealer for $1499 (floor model). It will only be used for my lawn, which is a little less than an acre has a lot of hills. Currently I use a Troy Bilt 21" self propelled and it is killing me to mow with it. I have borrowed a riding mower but it is too dangerous for my yard. Any info on this cub cadet commercial 36" WB would be appreciated. My online research hasn't turned up very much info, however I have exhausted myself researching the Billy Goat HP 34 and the BOP Quickie mowers only to learn they are no longer available.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does anyone have any experience with this machine? I found one new at a local dealer for $1499 (floor model). It will only be used for my lawn, which is a little less than an acre has a lot of hills. Currently I use a Troy Bilt 21" self propelled and it is killing me to mow with it. I have borrowed a riding mower but it is too dangerous for my yard. Any info on this cub cadet commercial 36" WB would be appreciated. My online research hasn't turned up very much info, however I have exhausted myself researching the Billy Goat HP 34 and the BOP Quickie mowers only to learn they are no longer available.

Is this the one you are talking about? I Had and ran its brother the G 1336 that you ask about. What is it you want to know? The G 1236 cost 2099 new I believe and I can tell you the G1336 was bullet proof. My G1336 so you can compare.

79_28_large.jpgG13361.jpg

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet Forum. :smile:

Threads
You said you looked at the Billy Goat. Let me tell you my experiences with it. I did NOT like it. The blades were not timed so sometimes when you turned it would leave a strip of grass in the middle uncut. Things were falling apart, and it clumped a lot. I only used it like 5 times! Not to mention it was LOUD! :thumbdown:
billy goat.jpg Billy Goat.jpg

coach2002

Forum Newbie
Threads
That looks just like the model I am talking about. How does it handle hills/slopes? Can I put a sulky on it...I weigh about 170? How about general maintenance and problems? Tell me the good and bad about your mower? It just concerns me that I haven't found a lot of reviews on this model...only thing I can find is info on the CC 33" which I do not want. Also CC doesn't have any info on their website regarding the commercial WB.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That looks just like the model I am talking about. How does it handle hills/slopes? Can I put a sulky on it...I weigh about 170? How about general maintenance and problems? Tell me the good and bad about your mower? It just concerns me that I haven't found a lot of reviews on this model...only thing I can find is info on the CC 33" which I do not want. Also CC doesn't have any info on their website regarding the commercial WB.

As far as the handling goes it's like any other mower it's going to take some getting used to but when you get to know the mower and how it runs it becomes second nature with no problems. The sulky on the 1236 I don't know about. my 1336 was drilled for a sulky attachment but I never used one but with the power it had it wouldn't have been a problem and I go in the 190 range.

The maintenance is a breeze, the grease fittings for the spindles are under the front cover right on top along with all the others. When you want to change blades it the simplest thing in the world, all you have to do is remove the nut on top of the spindles and pull the 9" bolt out the bottom, just look at the spacers on the underside and make sure they get put back the same way, no big deal. Oil changes on mine had to be done with a small hose that should come with the machine, again oil and filters were a breeze.

The thing I really like is the 1336 would mow anything and everything and never lose power, wouldn't skip a beat. It would climb hills without working. If you have a chance to get the G1336 with the Kawasaki engine by all means do it, you won't be sorry It will be the best purchase you'll ever make.

I used to call mine my baby bush hog, I've mowed fore-closers homes with grass 2 and 3 feet high without problem. I ran mine for 2 years and never had a problem one with the machine, the only things done were oil and oil filter changes, gas and air filter changes and sharpening blades it was a flawless machine.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

coach2002

Forum Newbie
Threads
How is the machine turning wise? My experience is only with hydrostatic. I know you said you didn't use a sulky, but how do you think it will turn with one? The dealer did say I can put a sulky on the g1236. Also do you think $1499 is a good price for a floor model or could there possably be some more negotiating?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
How is the machine turning wise? My experience is only with hydrostatic. I know you said you didn't use a sulky, but how do you think it will turn with one? The dealer did say I can put a sulky on the g1236. Also do you think $1499 is a good price for a floor model or could there possably be some more negotiating?

Turning wise like I said when you get used to it, it's second nature you'll be able to turn it on a dime. As far as turning with a sulky like I said I've never used one so I just really couldn't say. The only concern I would have would be using a sulky with the peerless drive and I really don't know about not having used the sulky. The $1499 price isn't bad the G 1236 list for$2099 but depending on how long he has had it there may be room for a little negotiating, I'd sure try. I'd offer him $1299 and see if he would take it after all you have nothing to loose.