Would you buy a multi-attachment piece of equipment?

Would you buy the Echo PAS or Stihl KombiSystem being a LCB owner?

• Total voters
Threads
  • / Would you buy a multi-attachment piece of equipment?
There has been a discussion lately about the powerheads that can fit different attachments (like edgers, trimmers, cultivators, etc.). My question is, would you buy this if you are a lawn care business owner? Some brands that make these are ECHO (Pro-Attachment Series) and Stihl (KombiSystem). To see the discussion, look at this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/gener...27-split-pole-trimmers-other-attachments.html. People are saying that there would not be a good place to store the attachments on your trailer.
:anyone:
ECHO PAS.jpg ECHO ATTACHMENTS.jpg Stihl KombiSystem.jpg

echo.jpg..........Outdoor Power Equipment Attachments, Trimmer or Edger Attachment | ECHO USA

stihl.jpg..........Yard Care - STIHL KombiSystem and the STIHL YARD BOSS® Multi Task Tools | STIHL USA

metz12

Threads
those are sweet. i wonder how they work? i wouldnt be able to have any info on them though.

CZLawnCare

Threads
Hi yeah, since then i have added another km110 and a kn130 power head along with another 0-135 hedge trimmer attachment

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
By the end of the week you may go to my YouTube page and I will show u the km 90r :thumbsup: note my vids will be up by next Saturday my page is Kpromowing

baratta34

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wish the Echo/Stihl power heads worded on the ryobi expand=it collection I have. Would like to use the attachments, but with a higher quality, 4-stroke power head that isnt of a ryobi/MTD making.....

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Wish the Echo/Stihl power heads worded on the ryobi expand=it collection I have. Would like to use the attachments, but with a higher quality, 4-stroke power head that isnt of a ryobi/MTD making.....

They do I have the brunch cutter and hedge trimmer u have to watch to make sure its in the saft long enough and mark it with a pin or marker and u may on some have to take the paint off or grease it and it u don't put it all the way in there then the saft wount drive
the attachment
Better to use sthil stuff though :thumbsup:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There has been a discussion lately about the powerheads that can fit different attachments (like edgers, trimmers, cultivators, etc.). My question is, would you buy this if you are a lawn care business owner? Some brands that make these are ECHO (Pro-Attachment Series) and Stihl (KombiSystem). To see the discussion, look at this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/gener...27-split-pole-trimmers-other-attachments.html. People are saying that there would not be a good place to store the attachments on your trailer.
:anyone:
View attachment 10889 View attachment 10890 View attachment 10891

View attachment 10892..........Outdoor Power Equipment Attachments, Trimmer or Edger Attachment | ECHO USA

View attachment 10893..........Yard Care - STIHL KombiSystem and the STIHL YARD BOSSョ Multi Task Tools | STIHL USA

I have the cheap stuff. Running a 27cc Cub Cadet Powerhead. I have the string trimmer,brush saw, hedge trimmers, pole saw, tiller, and edger. I have run many tanks of gas through the powerhead since the first week of August with NO problems of any kind. I plan to buy another powerhead this spring so that I have two in case one has problems or I need to run two attachments on the same job therefore I won't be constantly switching tools. It is frowned on by those that run Stihl, and Echo products but it is making money for me and until it gets to be a problem I intend to keep running it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have the cheap stuff. Running a 27cc Cub Cadet Powerhead. I have the string trimmer,brush saw, hedge trimmers, pole saw, tiller, and edger. I have run many tanks of gas through the powerhead since the first week of August with NO problems of any kind. I plan to buy another powerhead this spring so that I have two in case one has problems or I need to run two attachments on the same job therefore I won't be constantly switching tools. It is frowned on by those that run Stihl, and Echo products but it is making money for me and until it gets to be a problem I intend to keep running it.

There's nothing wrong with running the cheap stuff like you say and for the most part when you say it's frowned upon by the guys that run Stihl's and Echo's I think for them it's like looking at there past, they've been there and done that and they say to themselves and know that eventually they'll come around and will see them with a Stihl or an Echo.
The Guys that really Frown on you and your equipment and think there better than you, are the ones that forgot How and where they started. Heck when I started I ran a Homelite trimmer and hand held blower and worked up from there. Just like everybody does.

Here's a Thread you may find interesting http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/comme...ing-into-professional-lawn-care-business.html