Is anybody out there???

Cold Country

Forum Newbie
Threads
Im new to the forum and there arent any recent posts. Sold my restored '52 Ford 8N and bought a left-left-over 0 hour 2011 Sport 48" with the 20 hp Kawasaki for $3, 662 delivered to my house about 90 miles from the dealer up here in Alexandria Bay, NY. Waiting for delivery, and would appreciate any good/bad experiences with this machine. I am also in the market for something for snow removal and Ive heard there is a blade/chain/weight set-up for these. Anybody know if its worth it considering the limited traction reviews ive read before I pull the trigger on a new walk behind?? Im Active army and a hobby farmer when Im not walking around in Iraq or Afghan once about every other year.

Threads
Im new to the forum and there arent any recent posts. Sold my restored '52 Ford 8N and bought a left-left-over 0 hour 2011 Sport 48" with the 20 hp Kawasaki for $3, 662 delivered to my house about 90 miles from the dealer up here in Alexandria Bay, NY. Waiting for delivery, and would appreciate any good/bad experiences with this machine. I am also in the market for something for snow removal and Ive heard there is a blade/chain/weight set-up for these. Anybody know if its worth it considering the limited traction reviews ive read before I pull the trigger on a new walk behind?? Im Active army and a hobby farmer when Im not walking around in Iraq or Afghan once about every other year.

:welcome: to LMF! I don't have any experiences with that mower, but thanks for serving our country! american flag.gif

Parkmower

Threads
I'm from the other end(west) of the state but know how much snow you guys get up there. I wouldn't recommend a ZT plow for that kind of snow. I'd get a walk behind 2 stage snow-thrower. IMO they're the best way to move snow.

Cold Country

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well then, im off to buy a walk behind this morning and they arent cheap nor do they have the same appeal to me like lawn equipment.

Threads
Well then, im off to buy a walk behind this morning and they arent cheap nor do they have the same appeal to me like lawn equipment.

I agree, they are not cheap! But in your case (with all the snow you get) I think it would be well worth your money.

Cold Country

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I took the advise and got myself an Ariens Deluxe 30 inch. It moved a 3 plus foot drift from the driveway really well and moves less snow with ease. Only complaint is I already lost a cotter pin from the drive lever and the cable from the top of the chute keeps coming off but they are known to be long lasting blowers so I can live with the little stuff

Threads
Well I took the advise and got myself an Ariens Deluxe 30 inch. It moved a 3 plus foot drift from the driveway really well and moves less snow with ease. Only complaint is I already lost a cotter pin from the drive lever and the cable from the top of the chute keeps coming off but they are known to be long lasting blowers so I can live with the little stuff

Well I'm glad you are pretty happy with the purchase! :smile: Do you have any pictures of it?