Snapper as a Tropical Lawn Mower

adan

Threads
I just saw a page that features Snapper (along with Toro and Sarlo) as a tropical lawn mower. Prices look very affordable. The Easy Line Mower SP2265 costs $287. The most expensive in the featured models is the Snapper Walk Mower RP216019KWV at $599.

I have two questions:
1. What's your experience with Snapper in terms of product quality and after sales service?
2. The term "tropical lawn mower" intrigues me. What makes a lawn mower "tropical"?

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just saw a page that features Snapper (along with Toro and Sarlo) as a tropical lawn mower. Prices look very affordable. The Easy Line Mower SP2265 costs $287. The most expensive in the featured models is the Snapper Walk Mower RP216019KWV at $599.

I have two questions:
1. What's your experience with Snapper in terms of product quality and after sales service?
2. The term "tropical lawn mower" intrigues me. What makes a lawn mower "tropical"?

Living where you do and as close as you are to the equator, I would think that if anyone knows what a "tropical lawn mower" is it would be you. I have never heard the term "tropical lawn mower". I live in what is considered the sub-tropics, but I have never heard of a sub-tropical lawn mower either:biggrin:
I suspect it's a term given as a marketing ploy, but that is just speculation. It seems to me I have heard of a mower manufacturer called "Tropical". There is a dealer in Miami who may have at one time had mowers made with that name.
If I lived in the Phillipines and wanted a mower I would buy what is serviced and servicable locally.
Snapper is a good mower, I see them around here still in service after 20 years. They are simple and well made.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think that RobertBrown is right about 'tropical' ... it is relating to your location...
I doubt we will see many 'arctic' mowers... or 'tropical' snow blowers.:biggrin:

Snapper was a GREAT name, the first true commercial mower I ever operated, (late 50s), was a snapper walk behind or stand on sulky... huge engine, but the neatest thing about it was the blade... you could replace the cutting blade ends, they were sickle sections....:wink:
:smile:KennyV

adan

Threads
Hi KennyV, the term "tropical lawn mower" is obviously a marketing ploy. It's also obviously effective, isn't it? :laughing: For a moment I was really intrigued. I thought, "This is unbelievable. There IS a tropical lawn mower? Hallelujah!"

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi KennyV, the term "tropical lawn mower" is obviously a marketing ploy. It's also obviously effective, isn't it? :laughing: For a moment I was really intrigued. I thought, "This is unbelievable. There IS a tropical lawn mower? Hallelujah!"

Speaking of Tropical, check this out.
Super Typhoon Megi hit northern Luzon Island in the Philippines near 3:30 UTC this morning as a Category 5 Super Typhoon with sustained winds of 165 mph and a central pressure of 914 mb. Megi is the strongest Category 5 tropical cyclone to make landfall in the world since August 21 2007, when Hurricane Dean hit Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula with sustained winds of 175 mph and central pressure of 905 mb. Megi is expected to dump more than a foot of rain over a wide swath of Luzon. Megi will re-intensify later this week over the South China Sea, and hit China between Hong Kong and Hainan Island on Friday.

Hope your O.K. Adan:thumbsup:
I'm sure your priorities have changed today.

adan

Threads
It was indeed a very strong typhoon. Locally it's called "Juan." That's the Tagalog for "John." International code name is Megi.

After hearing how strong and devastating it was, it seems it ain't over yet:
?uan stationary over China Sea, could return to RP?agasa - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

Even as I pray that the affected areas would be able to recover as soon as possible, I myself am enjoying a relatively "ok" weather: Cagayan de Oro, PHL Weather - Forecasts, Radar Maps, Video, and News I live an hour's drive from Cagayan de Oro City, so it's our closest reference.

Referring to the map below, the highly affected areas are provinces 1-16. Del Monte is way down south, province 61. In that island, only provinces 51-53 experience typhoon, but not always. So, when I was in Manila one day and a typhoon struck, I was totally shocked.

philippine_map.jpg

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
valuable information:thumbdown:

Hey ... you noticed this guy also...
He is another creepy shoe sale scam guy...
But he is placing his link in his signature line...
Obviously he is a linguist as he has made 11 posts 10 of what are the same, non sense line... :smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know what he is up to, but I'm confident it's not good or it doesn't have much to do with what we do here. I'm sure he will take it up elsewheres after he checks these post's.
I avoided the links and I suggest everyone do the same.