Walk behind Mow Faster

lizard

Threads
We are currently mowing at 4.2 Miles Per Hour?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello lizard from australia... good to see you are mowing at a good clip...

I can sometimes do a little over 6 MPH but it starts getting a bit rough riding... :smile:KennyV

PS... welcome to Lawn mower Forum....:thumbsup:

lizard

Threads
With this mower it is self propelled a reel mower 28 inches....and you walk or run depending on how you feel...........lol:laughing:

adan

Threads
Hi Lizard, 4.2 mph isn't my idea of mowing, unless I'm on a ride-on mower perhaps. On the second thought, jogging while mowing isn't a bad idea at all.

173abn

Threads
howdy Lizard,sounds like some good exercise. russ

AndyMan

Threads
So, what have you done, rigged your lawn mowers with speedometers? Or do you have your kids ride alongside on their bikes to test your speed?

Plus, going at such a clip, I'm assuming you have a fairly fast, fairly flat, fairly long yard? I can't imagine getting an even cutting if you're two-wheeling it around the corners!:rolleyes:

lizard

Threads
The Reel Mower weighs 270 lbs and has a split roller, full differential for high speed cornering.
Cutting Lawn at 1/4 of a inch height........looks like a golf green when finished mowing:biggrin:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Reel Mower weighs 270 lbs and has a split roller, full differential for high speed cornering.
Cutting Lawn at 1/4 of a inch height........looks like a golf green when finished mowing:biggrin:

How wide is the cut?
Consider that a brisk walk is 3.5 mph. You're not talking kph, it's mph right?
So you are pushing 270 lbs at 4.2 mph, how far can you do that?

lizard

Threads
How wide is the cut?
Consider that a brisk walk is 3.5 mph. You're not talking kph, it's mph right?
So you are pushing 270 lbs at 4.2 mph, how far can you do that?

Yes we aren talking miles per hour and it cuts 28 inches wide and has a 9 Horsepower Honda engine which pulls you along.....up to 5 miles per hour.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
.... it cuts 28 inches wide and has a 9 Horsepower Honda engine which pulls you along.....up to 5 miles per hour.

Sounds like a great powered reel mower... can you post a picture of it?
I especially like reels, but there are not many powered reels commonly around, here in the states... :smile:KennyV