Husqvarna vs Toro vs Honda

kman

Threads
I just purchased a Husqvarna Crown series snowblower. Could not be happier with my purchase, including the local dealer. Now I want to upgrade my 20 year old Toro Recycler. Looking for a self propelled, my back gives out with the straight push behind. Is there a Husqvarna that can compete with the high end Toros/Hondas? If not it looks like the Honda HRX are a bit ahead of the Toro Super Baggers. Love the old Toro but my impression is that I will be dissapointed comparing my 20 year old to a new one, quality wise

Threads
I just purchased a Husqvarna Crown series snowblower. Could not be happier with my purchase, including the local dealer. Now I want to upgrade my 20 year old Toro Recycler. Looking for a self propelled, my back gives out with the straight push behind. Is there a Husqvarna that can compete with the high end Toros/Hondas? If not it looks like the Honda HRX are a bit ahead of the Toro Super Baggers. Love the old Toro but my impression is that I will be dissapointed comparing my 20 year old to a new one, quality wise

I would definitely get a Honda HRX217HYA! Best mower ever! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Toro will stand up to the Honda.

Threads
Toro will stand up to the Honda.

Toro is close, but I feel that the new Hondas have more features. Also, you don't really hear of many complaints about Honda engines. But you do sometimes with Toro.
Don't get me wrong, Toro makes good mowers, but I am a Honda guy. :thumbsup:
honda.jpg

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
For a home owner try a Husqvarna on mowers direct it is like 399 but looks like a great mower :thumbsup: Honda and toro are great too also look at cubcudect and arien all are great brands

Threads
For a home owner try a Husqvarna on mowers direct it is like 399 but looks like a great mower :thumbsup: Honda and toro are great too also look at cubcudect and arien all are great brands

I am not saying Ariens would be my first choice, but if you decide you like Ariens look at these mowers:
The Pro 21 Walk-Behind: this is more heavy-duty than other Ariens 21 in. mowers. ariens pro-21.jpg

The Classic LM 21 SW: this is not as heavy-duty as the Pro 21, but it does have front swivel caster wheels to make turning easier. areins classic  LM 21 SW.jpg

Other 21 in. mowers by Ariens include the Razor and Classic LM 21. ariens razor.jpg ariens Classic LM 21.jpg

I would still recommend Honda or Toro, but as K-Pro-Mowing said, either Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, or Ariens would be OK.

Ariens Website: Snow Blowers, Zero Turn Mowers, Riding Lawn Tractors - ARIENS
Cub Cadet Website: http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/cubcadet/walk-behind-mowers
Husqvarna Website: http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/lawn-mowers/husqvarna-lawn-mowers-for-homeowners/
Honda Website: http://powerequipment.honda.com/lawn-mowers
Toro Website: http://www.toro.com/en-us/pages/default.aspx

husqvarna.jpg cub cadet.jpg ariens.jpg honda.jpg toro.jpg

Last edited:

kman

Threads
Thanks for all the advice. I was hoping the Husqvarna was a Honda clone with a honda engine at less than half price. I think the versamow function on the honda along with the bigger engine will tip me that way. I'm planning on having my new mower for another 20 years so cost is not that significant

Threads
Thanks for all the advice. I was hoping the Husqvarna was a Honda clone with a honda engine at less than half price. I think the versamow function on the honda along with the bigger engine will tip me that way. I'm planning on having my new mower for another 20 years so cost is not that significant

I love the Veramow system on my Honda---mulch, bag, rear-discharge, or shred leaves. Along with any combo of mulching/bagging if you choose the Honda HRX's. I think if you buy a Honda it will definitely last 20 years! :thumbsup: